1UZFE Into 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been toying with the thought of a 1UZFE Lexus V8 swap for my 72 FJ40.

While researching it seems most of not all that have gone into cruisers have been backed by an auto trans.

There are a few adapters for manuals such as the Muncie 4 speeds and the toyota R and W series transmissions.

would it be feasible to fab an adapter to work with the stock H 3 or 4 speed trans...

If anyone knows of a successful manual trans/ 4WD/ 1UZFE please share your knowledge .

No i am not going to put a cheby motor in my Toyota

Did you retain the engine’s ECU or are you running some sort of stand alone management?
I first used the factory ECU to get it passed engineering here and just to get it running. I'm in the process of choosing a standalone ECU but haven't decided which one yet, leaning towards Adaptronic for support and they have 1UZ base tunes to go already.

I have a 1UZFE and a Dellow bell housing mated to an H55f, a buddy of mine made the CAD drawing that Dellow used to make them. My 1UZ is from a Epic boat , made by Toyota for a couple of years. It has an ECU with no emmision controls , so no key lock out and three wire hookup.
I have two more ECU's that I would be interested in selling if someone can use one.
005.JPG

In Australia the 100 series comes with a 2UZFE and manual H151 5 speed, the same bell housing should fit the 1UZFE.
Problem is the H151 is a lot longer gearbox which could become a problem in a FJ40 unless you extend the wheelbase.
Those who used the Dellow housing were you happy with the fitment and quality?

Last edited:
I have a 1UZFE and a Dellow bell housing mated to an H55f, a buddy of mine made the CAD drawing that Dellow used to make them. My 1UZ is from a Epic boat , made by Toyota for a couple of years. It has an ECU with no emmision controls , so no key lock out and three wire hookup.
I have two more ECU's that I would be interested in selling if someone can use one.View attachment 1575547

Which Dellow bell housing and/or kit did you use? Looking at their website, it looks like the only kits are available for Hilux R transmissions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom