1HZ transmission computer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATL Cruiser

GOLD Star
Threads
1992 HZJ77 automatic A440F

Could anyone tell me where the transmission computer is located? This guy:

1674079283568.png

It is "supposed" to be here on RHD vehicles:

1674079331054.png

Not there. So far I have looked:
  • Behind the instrument cluster
  • Behind the far RH foot well (fuse box area)
  • Above the steering shaft (small box area)
  • Behind the glove box (12V inverter area)
  • Behind the LH foot well (large relay area)
Whole bunch of nothing. I'm at a loss. This thing is YUGE. Where is it hiding??

Hello,

Maybe behind the glove box.

Juan

mine is right above the steering column
Thank you. That's the first place I looked. I actually have the whole dash apart for the RS3200 install, so it's easy to look. Nothing.

My truck is a 1992. I believe the A440F can shift itself based on hydraulic pressures. They may have implemented this trans computer for emissions and/or cruise control in 1993???

Case closed. Stedman had the answer out of Japan:

"Your transmission is what is known as a full hydraulic control version. The post 1992 versions are electronically controlled. The early versions are highly sought after for exchange units in Australia. I have had people with electronic versions in vehicles from prior to 1992/08 builds. I have no idea if they were swapped in trannies or if it was just a fluke. Maybe the chassis number was changed for registration problems (illegal here and there)."​

Anyone want to buy a fully rebuilt trans module with all new capacitors (literally all of them)? 😂

Case closed. Stedman had the answer out of Japan:

"Your transmission is what is known as a full hydraulic control version. The post 1992 versions are electronically controlled. The early versions are highly sought after for exchange units in Australia. I have had people with electronic versions in vehicles from prior to 1992/08 builds. I have no idea if they were swapped in trannies or if it was just a fluke. Maybe the chassis number was changed for registration problems (illegal here and there)."​

Anyone want to buy a fully rebuilt trans module with all new capacitors (literally all of them)? 😂
This is actually just good news! One less thing to worry about. Dave is a great resource to have at times. Did he say anything about the sluggishness in the cooler mornings? Glad you are getting it sorted! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom