1hz clutch set behind 1hdt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so what is the general concensus on running the stock 1hz clutch set behind a 1hdt? i've read some threads saying that a hd clutch is needed, some that say as long as you're not wheeling hard it's fine, some that say an upgrade to the 300mm isuzu set is needed. i can't wait for any parts to come from across the pond as i'm trying to be ready for overland expo in a month.

BTW, your engine is on the ground and will probably get on a pallet tomorrow.

BEBs are done as well... new ACLs and Genuine Toyota rod bolts!

~John

I just go with the 300mm clutch due more contact surface won't hurt .. but I'm confident that the 275mm clutch will hold perfectly fine what ever you would need to do with your Cruiser .. even behind the 1HD-T

so... you have a 1HDT, but no clutch or flywheel?
Are the flywheels different?

if you have a clutch set but can't get a new one in time, I've had good luck rebuilding a clutch. And... wait, I swear I had Cruiser Dan look up the Toyota part # for the 1HDT clutch and he had it in the LA warehouse.

but not the pressure plate.

1hdt without a flywheel is what i have, but a 1hz flywheel will work, and i have one of those. it's just smaller. 300mm vs 275mm. i was asking opinions on if running the smaller flywheel and clutch would be ok behind the torquier engine. i'm looking into a heavy duty 1hz clutch to use, as i've been told it would hold up fine. if i had a 300mm flywheel i would use it, but the word is it's expensive and hard to find used.

well... I think as long as you aren't towing heavy loads, and you aren't pushing that motor to high HP numbers, you should be ok. Those Aussies tweak the 1HZ(t) to well past the stock rating of the 1HDT.

I have an H150F gear box behind my HDFT. I am running the 275mm clutch, which is a heavy duty Exidy system I bought from Dan at 4wheel auto, with no problems.

I don't drive it like I stole it, so it doesn't get the crap beat out of it. It hasn't slipped or given me any problems at all thus far. I am running 4:10 gears with 315's too by the way if that should matter.

I think that you are good to go. It might be worth it to get a heavier duty clutch disc and pressure plate for piece of mind, but it should work just fine IMO.

Keep us up to date.

Ross

i was asking opinions on if running the smaller flywheel and clutch would be ok behind the torquier engine. i'm looking into a heavy duty 1hz clutch to use, as i've been told it would hold up fine. if i had a 300mm flywheel i would use it, but the word is it's expensive and hard to find used.

the only difrence between 1HD-T and 1HZ flywheel it's the contact surface .. but the piece it's the same ( same masss same weight ) you will re arrange the pins and use the pressure place acordinly to the contact surface ..

uhm... can you restate that? You are saying that they are the same flywheel, same threaded holes in them... but alignment dowels need to be moved for the 1HDT clutch?

but alignment dowels need to be moved for the 1HDT clutch?

it happen to me .. coz I'm using a H150 behind my 1HD-T but with the 300mm clutch .. ( aisin PP and isuzu disc )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom