1HD-T: What's the difference between these two fuel injector part numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
winchstoyotaparts.yolasite.com
Hi guys

I need to buy new fuel injector assemblies for a 1HD-T. I found the following part numbers:
1. 23600‑17010 1HDT..HDJ81..VX (01/1990 - 08/1992)
2. 23600‑17032 1HDT..HDJ81 (07/1993 - 12/1994)

They are for different years and I have no clue which model year I need to buy, nor do I have access to the old injectors or even the engine. I just need to know if someone knows the difference between these injectors? I presume they are both mechanical. Are they interchangeable? Are the newer ones simply an upgrade? Thanks

Hi guys

I need to buy new fuel injector assemblies for a 1HD-T. I found the following part numbers:
1. 23600‑17010 1HDT..HDJ81..VX (01/1990 - 08/1992)
2. 23600‑17032 1HDT..HDJ81 (07/1993 - 12/1994)

They are for different years and I have no clue which model year I need to buy, nor do I have access to the old injectors or even the engine. I just need to know if someone knows the difference between these injectors? I presume they are both mechanical. Are they interchangeable? Are the newer ones simply an upgrade? Thanks

Hi, Winch,
There is some differences between them. You will have to look at aluminum plate beside the fuel pump. 22100-17290 refer to an early pump and 22100-17620 refer to a late pump. Look at this number to justify your the injector. The wording TURBO on top of inlet pipe. RED in colour means early motor and NO colour means late motor. That's all I know.:cool:

1HDT engine is direct injection. Should not have any combustion chamber, right ????:rolleyes:

The wording TURBO on top of inlet pipe. RED in colour means early motor and NO colour means late motor. That's all I know.:rolleyes:

Notice that I wrote combustion chamber not pre-combustion chamber. The HD (all direct injected engines?) have a combustion chamber in the top of the piston. It can be a small diameter deep hole, or a shallow dish nearly as large as the top of the piston.
In the case of early vs late HD they are a different diameter but Im not sure if they are a different depth. Off the top of my head I dont think the compression numbers changed so the depth probably is different as that is what determines the cylinder volume(and compression).

So. The injector is different due to the combustion chamber. It probably has a slightly different spray pattern.

Off topic, but I wonder if the change in combustion chamber and fuel injection was related to the bearing failures in early engines. Its probably been covered...

Notice that I wrote combustion chamber not pre-combustion chamber. The HD (all direct injected engines?) have a combustion chamber in the top of the piston. It can be a small diameter deep hole, or a shallow dish nearly as large as the top of the piston.
In the case of early vs late HD they are a different diameter but Im not sure if they are a different depth. Off the top of my head I dont think the compression numbers changed so the depth probably is different as that is what determines the cylinder volume(and compression).

So. The injector is different due to the combustion chamber. It probably has a slightly different spray pattern.

Thank you for your infor. I have learned something.:eek:

reviving an old thread.

because the later 1hd-t has a different combustion chamber size does the injector has a different overall dimension and will not fit????

does this confirm that injectors and the pump between early and late 1hd-t are not interchangeable?

reviving an old thread.

because the later 1hd-t has a different combustion chamber size does the injector has a different overall dimension and will not fit????

does this confirm that injectors and the pump between early and late 1hd-t are not interchangeable?
They are all interchangeable on the hdt. The later model pumps had a different pre-plunger pump length, hence difference in injection timing - or so I'm told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom