1HD-T Intake Manifold Modifications (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So where was it fouling. To me it looked like it just needed to be welded onto the intake runners at a slightly different angle.

It was fouling on the fuel pump boost compensator. Nah mate was enough room had next to no clearance on the bonnet.

Hey guys I'm looking a getting some more hp from my 1hz I currently running a ct26 front mount an the pump has had a bit done. I'm thinking of getting a gtx28 and a custom intake like the log one with a 3" inlet at the front should I go 3" or 3.5" an should it taper done at the rear an I won't to run 20 pis an maybe later 25
Thanks

Did this little hack a few days back.
I am limited to using 3" pipe on my plenum due to hood and water line clearance.
Hopefully that will be enough to help and notice a difference.:meh:

IMG_2143.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Looks good size. Are you entering from the top. Cause if your coming from the front shouldn't yoube taking the center divider thing out. Oh and might want to roll your pipe so the seem get cut out

Looks good size. Are you entering from the top. Cause if your coming from the front shouldn't yoube taking the center divider thing out. Oh and might want to roll your pipe so the seem get cut out

The picture is just being shown with a piece of 3" SS for a size comparison.
I haven't finished the machining aspect of it yet
Yes I am going or a centre entry of 2.5" for a top mount ic

I've had it on for about 6 yrs and I'm still happy. I only use it for short bursts of more power and I've always felt like I was getting an instant 10-20% increase. It's very noticeable.
I'm using a single 225cc/min nozzle (3.5GPH) with full pump pressure (I believe it's only 150psi)... :cool:

I've been doing a lot of reading here and am impressed by the water/meth injection. Am I presuming correctly that this would also be effective in a naturally aspirated diesel? If so are there kits available or just DIY? Some links would be cool http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php .

Lots of reading out there with other diesels

I was always told that you need a turbo to run meth injection.

On another note this was found the other day:

image-3633251414.jpg

I may have to do a slight angle cut on the rear end of the log manifold for coolant line clearance. I am hoping to get my length of 3.5" aluminum pipe today.

image-3633251414.jpg

I've been doing a lot of reading here and am impressed by the water/meth injection. Am I presuming correctly that this would also be effective in a naturally aspirated diesel? If so are there kits available or just DIY? Some links would be cool

Mine is a Snow Performance Diesel Stage 1 Kit. Pretty much the most basic one there is. I actually tried a bigger (7GPH) nozzle and was quenching so I went back to the 225cc/min (3.5GPH) and for the first time I was able to hear that it too was making a funny ticking sound at high elevation with a really heavy sustained load. I'm now running the smallest one, 175cc/min (<3GPH) and it seems fine. I can still cool the air below the temperature of the water in my water/air intercooler. I'm getting around 85% effectiveness of the complete system with the intercooler and water/meth combined - oh and I've just been running straight water for the last round of tests and the cooling is exactly the same as it was with 50% meth by weight.

Nobody seems to use them on naturally aspirated applications. Without compressing the air it isn't getting heated up in the first place. And, the controller uses boost pressure to determine when to pulse the power to the pump.

Man big boy you've taken motor baking to a new level with that pie warmer . Just kidding ,couldn't help it . How is surge with that tapered plenum . Definitely short full flow run there.

Its not actually tapered. The surface area of the open core is the same as the surface area of the open intake manifold. So its just distributed evenly.

I will get to the 70/75 series. Im just absolutely flat out. But they are on the list. So I will build a complete bolt in solution.

Go the pie warmer. Shake and bake, baby. There is no more bombed engines. They are now called baked engines ;).

Last edited:
Lots of reading out there with other diesels

I was always told that you need a turbo to run meth injection.

On another note this was found the other day:

View attachment 784067

I may have to do a slight angle cut on the rear end of the log manifold for coolant line clearance. I am hoping to get my length of 3.5" aluminum pipe today.

He makes his own exhaust manifolds and there is a pod filter in the airbox. I thought the standard filter would of been better than the pod filter in the airbox but he thought otherwise. Each to there own I say.

As bling as this looks, how are you going to access the lower bolts on the joining flange.

How are you going to service the valve train with out removing the entire thing (if you carnt access the lower flange bolts).

Doesn't look like you can.

Pig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom