1HD-T engine with low oil pressure: Questions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Folks,

My truck has 188k km on it and the BEBs were done by the previous owner. However, the OP is too low and yesterday after 35 minutes of highway driving at 110km/h was close to the bottom mark. I have fresh 10w30 Rotella oil and Toyota OEM filter.

My question: upon turning off the truck, I immediate checked the dip stick and it was bone dry despite the 10 liters of oil I filled 3 days earlier and a check I preformed before driving the truck. Also, after a night sitting in the garage, the oil level, as indicated by the dip stick is at ideal level.

Thoughts…

Ya, you have to give the oil a minute to return to the oil pan before checking the level.

so am i to assume that during regular oparetion the oil pan is somwhat empty? :confused:

While the engine is running, there is oil in the head, the bearings, the oil pump, the oil passageways, and in the pan. The dipstick is calibrated to measure the oil in the pan when the engine is NOT running. This way when the engine is running the crank isn't submerged and having to chug through the oil as is spins, and foaming the oil from the extra agitation. These things take 9L per oilchange, they don't need more, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom