1FZ-FE Oil Pump (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd like to solicit some thoughts on the need to replace my entire timing chain cover and oil pump.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1FZ-FE engine. I just had the block decked and cylinders bored .030" over. Obviously, the timing chain cover needed to be cut with the block so that the head mounts flat.

I pulled apart the oil pump after this work was completed to find some marring and a pretty nice grove (See Pic) in the housing where the oil pump rotor sits.

The last thing that I want to do is skimp on replacing the oil pump but that would translate into purchasing a new cover and having the block decked again.

This engine/pump has 240,000 miles on it.

Let me know your thoughts.

20220330_223758.jpg

ugh....I didn't even think of this. I just sent the bare block out to be decked (which they haven't done yet). Machine shop never brought up needing the timing cover to be mated up. Not meaning to hijack OP thread but I have similar groves at 250K and had just planned to order a new cover.

Looking at the cover, it appears to be cast. Could you not have them just skim the new cover the amount you took off the block since its not a pressurized seal (selfishly asking)?

Really hard to tell with out a new one to compare it to ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom