1FZ dies.......what will you do? (1 Viewer)

1FZ dies....which route will you take

• Rebuild 1FZ(look into turbo, if available)

Votes: 53 59.6%
  • Toyota Diesel Swap (1HD, etc.)

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Chevy V8(Vortec, RamJet, LT1, etc.)

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Other Diesel(Isuzu, Cummins, Chevy)

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

....these boots were made for walkin'....then scrape the coin and replace the truck or pursue diesel conversion

I rebuilt mine. Will probably do v8 swap next time.

one thing to keep in mind is that if the gas prices do go up significantly, there will be much greater incentive to make alternative options available, maybe larger scale importation of Diesel engines, smog law changes etc. Alternative fuels may also become cheaper with larger scale usage.
So it may be hard to make sensible predictions as to what the situation will be 10 years from now... we may be pleasantly surprised, never know...

Right now I'm looking into Toyota V8, we'll see if it all sounds like it will work without to much of a problem. If anyone has done one before or knows people who have done them.....can you help out.
As of right now, after doing alot of reading it either gonna be a 1fz rebuild or a 4.7 toyota V8.

Time to find a donor tundra or something.

The 1FZ is an elegant design. and produces quite a bit of un-stressd power in stock form. Stuff more air into it and it makes many V8's seem weak. Agreed 100% on the exhaust note of a V8, nothing better. I will stick to the 1FZ when it comes time to freshen it up.

CJF said:
What is the most likely death scenario (if there is one) for an aging, well maintained engine?

Curtis

We won't know until the first well maintatained one dies.

Rusty Phillips said:
odds are greater that someone will hit your truck & total it before the motor gives up the ghost.

at least that is what Im hoping for :)

Very true, but it doesnt hurt to have a game plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom