Parting Out 1998 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi @dnp ends up that USPS smashed the headlights to smithereens, thus I'm back looking. In your pics the glass looked yellow on the bottom third, is that just in the pictures? Do the lenses look clean and clear with no cracks or pitting to mention etc?

I'd want them packaged obviously real well and shipped insured (prob UPS/fedex) to 94133.

Do you have the radio bezel which has all the vents and whatnot?
PM sent

Hi, I am interested in the driver side front spindle and the driver side upper control arm. Is that possible to buy??

Hi, I am interested in the driver side front spindle and the driver side upper control arm. Is that possible to buy??
Yes, I'll sell those, but how soon do you need them? I'm trying to keep the truck movable as I dismantle the rest of it.......

I need right/passenger side corner lamp and also roof gutter caps?? They are the cap about midway back on roof belt molding. They are about 1x4 inches thanks

I need right/passenger side corner lamp and also roof gutter caps?? They are the cap about midway back on roof belt molding. They are about 1x4 inches thanks
I have the corner light assemblies, but I'm not sure they're salvageable. They had water in them, so they're now pretty nasty inside. If you want photos, I can post some. As for the roof rack caps, are you talking about the caps that cover the roof rack holes when the roof rack is not installed?

Thanks for fast response. ill pass on corner lamps thanks. The picture would be be passenger rear looking forward.Im not sure of part #?

20181220_154015.jpg

Thanks for fast response. ill pass on corner lamps thanks. The picture would be be passenger rear looking forward.Im not sure of part #?

View attachment 1859377
Yeah, I wouldn't have any of those. The only reason they're generally used is when the roof rack is removed or when a different-from-original style roof rack is installed. It looks like your truck would have originally had a three-post roof rack, rather than a two-post, but that's just a guess. Anyway, those covers are going to be exceedingly difficult to find used. They're still available from Toyota (I bought 6 of them when I removed my roof rack a couple years ago), and I recall them being pretty cheap. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas!
David

Updated sold list in first post.

By the way, I'm curious about something on the parting out thread: on the first truck I parted, I was unaware there was a "rule" about posting prices on parts. Shortly after I got started, I was openly excoriated by another vendor, stating that (paraphrased) "this isn't ebay, and you're supposed to post prices, not negotiate them." Genuinely, I somehow initially missed that requirement, so I subsequently went back and priced as many items as I could. Now, when you start a parting out thread, it CLEARLY states you're required to publish prices of parts (at least you should make a good effort.) I've also started posting sold part prices, because I believe it's of benefit to sellers and buyers alike.

All that being said, I've noticed that the vast majority of sellers are no longer posting prices (and most price negotiations are going on in PMs). Is that the new policy? It sure would be easier for us sellers not to go to the trouble of posting them, so I'm interested in learning the new trend. (FWIW: I'm not in favor of a no-pricing policy. I'm just commenting it'd be easier......)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Rear (third row) AC vents in the ceiling? Left Rear door ashtray?

Center flip up cup cover, frame and screws. 40272
Are you talking about the cup holder cover in the center of the front console? Just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly

Rear (third row) AC vents in the ceiling? Left Rear door ashtray?
98 doesn't have rear A/C, so I won't have the vents. I do have the left rear door ashtray $20 shipped PM me if you're interested

Tried looking but may have missed earlier post...do you still have sunroof motor? Thanks
Well, yes I do, but strangely, a PO put a complete aftermarket sunroof in it, so I have to believe the motor is also aftermarket.

gotcha! Thanks for quick reply. I'm going to pass on this one...hate to take the risk. Thanks!
Yeah, I don't blame you. I've never seen an aftermarket sunroof in a 100. Not sure why anyone would do that. When I first saw it, I thought someone had taken a non-sunroof 100 (if there is even such a thing) and put an aftermarket sunroof in it (that would have been a HUGE shame!) Turns out, it was a "standard" 100 that they swapped to aftermarket......

Center flip up cup cover, frame and screws. 40272
Still need this? If it's the center floor console behind the shifter (not the one on the back of the console facing the second row seats), I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom