For Sale 1997 LX450 Triple locked, full history (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, here is the story. I built an 80 several years ago and then sold it because I fell into the bigger motor trap of the 100 series. I drove the 100 for a couple years and never liked it the way I did the 80, so I sold it. I searched for a long time to find the LX450 that I currently own. I bought it from the original owner with 174K miles on it. It was an older couple that bought it to keep at their farm in central TX. They did every bit of maintenance on the vehicle at the Lexus dealership they bought the truck from. I'm talking all the way down to oil changes and tire rotations. You can go on the Lexus owners web site and see the history. If it was needed, or just listed in the maintenance book it got done. The truck was completely stock, and been babied. I planned to keep this thing forever (turns out I have a problem). I have two reasons for selling this vehicle: first of all, I have gone full time in the off road slash expedition travel business. I spend several days a week making deliveries to my customers. I am delivering items like roof top tents and other large items like that. I need a pickup truck. The second reason, I love building these things, and this one is complete.

Here is a list of maintenance that I have done since purchase in 2015:
-full front axle service with all Toyota parts including koyo bearings
-drive and a/c belts
-idler pulley
-plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
-dizzy o ring
-oil pump seal
-power steering pump
-replaced almost all the rubber hoses in the engine bay
-new pads and rotors on the rear
-new pads and machined rotors on the front
-PHH
-new master cylinder
-REMOVED ABS SYSTEM (stops better than any 80 I've ever been in)
-new EGR system with OEM parts
-regular oil changes and tire rotations (5 tires)

Here is the "build" list:
-all the cladding was removed from the truck and professionally painted white to match the truck, all new gaskets used to reinstall
-odyssey battery
-blue sea fuse block for all accessories
-10ga. wire run to plug in rear for fridge
-SnoMaster 42S fridge
-custom built drawer system
-Tembo Tusk fridge slide with cutting board slide out
-weather tech floor mats
-Tuffy center console (with cupholders!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-DVD headrests for the rear seat passengers
-head unit with blue tooth phone
-Costa Fabrications front bumper with single hoop
-ComeUp seal gen 2 9500# winch
-synthetic winch line
-factor55 1.5 fairlead
-Factor55 winch line thimble
-Baja Designs ONX6 high power 20" light bar (brightest thing on the market)
-custom rear bumper with tire carrier, highlift jack, and holes to mount other accessories
-OME springs front and rear
-Icon shocks front and rear
-OME steering stabilizer
-4.88 ring and pinion gears from Nitro Gear and Axle. I pulled the third members and shipped them to Nitro Gear and Axle to do the install because they are the best in the country
-factory lockers and they work
-Soft8 wheels
-315/75/r16 BFG KOII tires

This truck has 205K miles. It runs and looks great. I keep the paint waxed, and it still shines. The leather is in great shape except the normal wear on the drivers seat. The D light on the dash is out. The electric door lock on the passenger rear door is slow (you might have to hit the button more than once to get it unlocked). There is a chip in the windshield that has been repaired. It has been brought to my attention that there is an accident reported to carfax in 2016. I was rear ended by a lady in a little car. I had my North Shore bike rack on the back of the truck. Her hood went under the bike rack, and the rack put a scratch and a hole in her hood. She didn't even make contact with my truck. There was no damage even to the bike rack. I built this vehicle to travel in. We spend a lot of time in the mountains, and it is a minimum of 8 hour drive to get there. With the setup I put together I can hook up my Turtleback Trailer set the cruise at 75 mph and cruise down the road. It slows down going up hills, but it has more pep than it did stock. I believe this vehicle is ready for 200K more miles easy. I would go anywhere in it today without even thinking.

The 2 questions everyone will ask first:
1. has the head gasket been done? No. There is mixed reviews about this being a "preventative" maintenance item. I personally believe that if you are paying attention to your vehicle you will know if you have a head gasket issue before it becomes a major problem. There are plenty of trucks out there with 2x the miles running the original head gasket.

2. Why no sliders? as much as I hate to say it, I don't wheel that hard. We hit all the logging roads and mountain passes, but I have no need for sliders. Plus, it gives you something to add to the truck to make it your own!

Turn key price: $19,000. Clean and clear Texas title in hand.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

Last edited:
Replied to all PMs. Answers to a few questions:

-Yes, I have the 3rd row seats
-I can remove the rear storage system and fridge and reduce the price $1000
-Truck is in Graham, TX (NW of DFW)
-Yes, I am willing to drive to meet you within reason, or pick you up at the airport
-Tires have less than 10,000 miles on them
-Yes, it is ready to drive anywhere you want to drive it

To answer a couple more:
-yes it has the cdl switch
-yes I did the 7pin mod

All pm's and emails replied to this morning. Thanks for the interest!

Great looking Rig, GLWS

Can you text me 7608802456 been looking at 60s but this has me thinking ... also are you selling the turtleback too :)

Bump for a damn clean 80. Did you repaint the front fenders and hood by chance? Any touch-up work to the undercarriage?

No, no paint on the hood. The driver side front fender was painted do to an altercation with a deer. There has been no touch up or coating of any kind to the under carriage.

Hey TexasD90, I just noticed this. you have a nice LX450 here.

Come out and bring the family for the weekend May 6 in Gilmer for Jambo. We will be camping out there near the entrance.

PM Sent

Congrats, hope you got close to asking price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom