For Sale 1997 FJ80 CUMMINS 4BT MARYLAND (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With much regret to come I am sure, I have to let my LC go. This is a WEST coast truck. I purchased 18 months ago and had it shipped here 3000 miles away. Its in above average physical condition which you will be able to see in the photos.

Mechanical: Previous owner had Proffits Cruisers build the LC with a Cummins 4bt, 700r4 automatic transmission, and stock transfer case. The truck runs flawlessly! You can ride 80+ mph on the highway and its straight and smooth. The only off-roading I ever did was took it on the beach a dozen times or so during which time it drove effortlessly through the sand. I recently upgraded the engine to transmission adapter from Summit Racing which included a new bell housing, flex-plate, hardware, and new starter. Also installed a new radiator, new hoses, had the valves adjusted, new power steering cooler, new transmission cooler lines, new block heater cord, new tailgate handle, new rear tag light, and serviced the front axle on the drivers side with new seals and bearings. I have receipts for all the parts and work that I have put into it. NO electric lockers. The frame and drive train underneath is in really excellent, solid condition.

Interior: Leather seats all in very good condition. No tears or rips. Only minor cracking on the front seats. All power seats works as they should. Dash has no cracks or damage. Carpet is in decent shape. Cleans up nicely with some effort. Sunroof is functional and does NOT leak. Headliner in great shape. 3rd row seats are perfect. All the guages work exept for the Tachometer which is not connected, however, I have the parts to do so if its important to you. One thing to mention is the LC does NOT have A/C. The condenser/dash unit and controls are there, just needs a compressor.

Accessories: Brand new ARB front bumper and new Smitty Built XRC 9500lb winch w/synthetic rope. Functions perfectly. Bowfin cruisers roof rack installed last year with Midsized ARB awning. All in like new condition. Installed new 35" BFG A/T KO's last summer on new 17" Bronze Method Racing wheels. The wheels weigh 26lbs each and the tire/wheel combo is around 90 lbs. Was one of the lightest combinations I could find with research. I have a full size spare tire, but no spare wheel. Lift is a 4" Old Man Emu which was on the LC when I purchased. The powder coating on the coils has some chipping and some rust but doesnt effect the performance.

Exterior: Body is in really nice shape for its age. There are a couple rust spots which I would repair if I were to keep it. Previous owner left the original running boards on and trapped crud on the rockers just before the rear wheels. There is also some rust and bubbling where the original roof rack and rear spoiler were mounted. As you see in the photos, I removed the fender flares as a personal preference. I was debating welding the holes up or finding an aftermarket option. The stock holes are there to give you the option either way. I do not have the original fenders, rack, spoiler anymore.

This truck is turn key and ready to go down the road. Its not perfect by any means, but it is totally awesome. The attention it gets when I stop to get gas or pull up to a stop light is pretty cool. There are a few minor adjustments I would suggest if you plan on offroading hardcore which I can go over with you if youre seriously interested.

I am asking $15,000. SERIOUS reasonable offers will be considered. If you are financing, please have your affairs in order before making me your offer. The best way to contact me is Email me directly bbshockley@rocketmail.com.

LC1.jpg

LC2.jpg

LC3.jpg

LC4.jpg

LC8.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Did Proffitt's put a decent amount if sound deadener in there when they did the swap??// Like can you carry on a conversion and enjoy a ride at 80 down the highway??? Looks great!

Sweet! Did Proffitt's put a decent amount if sound deadener in there when they did the swap??// Like can you carry on a conversion and enjoy a ride at 80 down the highway??? Looks great!

Yes...its a 4bt so its a little noisy but not too bad. I can talk to my kids when they sit in the 3rd row from the drivers seat clearly.

How many miles are on the chassis and engine?

The odometer reads 268k. I honestly dont know when or mileage when the engine/transmission was swapped in. I do know it was serviced regularly and ive had it gone through thoroughly over the past year and everything is in great shape.

OK, a few easy questions.
Any leaks?
Cruise work?
What are the things it needs to be a wheeler you mentioned you'd want to do?

And it looks like a part-time kit is installed, know if not has factory or 3.1 low gears in there?

OK, a few easy questions.
Any leaks?
Cruise work?
What are the things it needs to be a wheeler you mentioned you'd want to do?

And it looks like a part-time kit is installed, know if not has factory or 3.1 low gears in there?

It currently does not have any leaks.
Cruise does NOT work
The only suggestion I would have would be to extend the driveshaft. When the new conversion kit was installed, it shortened the drivetrain length.
I would assume it has the factory gearing in the tcase. The original owner didnt keep records of what he had done, and Jeremiah at Proffits doesnt have records from that far back when it was done either.

Those front springs appear to Slee brand, the silver paint and thicker material are a sign. Zero photos of the under side showing what has been done to separate this vehicle from a mall crawler? And no mention of why Aisin locking hubs are installed. No diff locks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom