1995 Landcruiser Manuals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I'm hoping someone has a copy of or knows where to find the manuals for a 1995 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
I have looked in the Forums and Resources but there's only 1996 or 1994, and as they're for LHD and I'm from Australia, they don't serve me too well.
I have even googled it endlessly with most saying they only start from 1996, or to go on Fleabay which also is all RHD American.
Hopefully someone from Aus knows where to find a copy or has one, preferably in PDF.
Thank you all for reading and have a nice cruiser day 🤙

See the links in my signature. It doesn’t have to be the exact year. Since your looking for a 95 any FSM between 95-97 should get you going.

See the links in my signature. It doesn’t have to be the exact year. Since your looking for a 95 any FSM between 95-97 should get you going.
Thank you for the reply. I did download the 1996 FSM but as they're American, everything is backwards/mirrored to what mine is in Australia. I was hoping someone from here would have a copy from one of those years, but I may have to make do.

Thank you for the reply. I did download the 1996 FSM but as they're American, everything is backwards/mirrored to what mine is in Australia. I was hoping someone from here would have a copy from one of those years, but I may have to make do.
They layout should be generally the same. Auto manufacturers didn’t swap everything for RHD vs LHD. They typically only adjust the circuits that deal with control inputs and instrument clusters. It’s far too expensive to create two totally unique wiring harnesses for each market.

The electrical wiring diagram (EWD) will give you the right wiring colors, probably the right location of connectors or relays (OR perfectly mirrored if it’s a circuit that provides data to the driver or requires input).

so point is just having an FSM with an EWD is valuable regardless of the side the steering wheel is on.

Last edited:
They layout should be generally the same. Auto manufacturers didn’t swap everything for RHD vs LHD. They typically only adjust the circuits that deal with control inputs and instrument clusters. It’s far to expensive to create two totally unique wiring harnesses for each market.

The electrical wiring diagram (EWD) will give you the right wiring colors, probably the right location of connectors or relays (OR perfectly mirrored if it’s a circuit that provides data to the driver or requires input).

so point is just having an FSM with an EWD is valuable regardless of the side the steering wheel is on.
That makes total sense and I agree they're very valuable documents. Just becomes disorienting when you look down and see that something is opposite to where you're looking at. In this case it will have to do but if anyone else has a RHD manual please let me know.
Thank you @SmokingRocks for your helpful reply.👍

No, I don't have a source.
Toyota legal seen to do a good job of tracking down free copies on line, and threatening legal action so they tend to disappear.

Persevere with eBay. They do come up, but can be pricey.

I make do with an Aussie FSM for HDJ80
Most things are the same. Mud fills in the gaps.

That makes total sense and I agree they're very valuable documents. Just becomes disorienting when you look down and see that something is opposite to where you're looking at. In this case it will have to do but if anyone else has a RHD manual please let me know.
Thank you @SmokingRocks for your helpful reply.👍
Interested to see what you find, if something surfaces I certainly want to add it to my archive.

No, I don't have a source.
Toyota legal seen to do a good job of tracking down free copies on line, and threatening legal action so they tend to disappear.

Persevere with eBay. They do come up, but can be pricey.

I make do with an Aussie FSM for HDJ80
Most things are the same. Mud fills in the gaps.
Damn it Toyota. I guess US manuals will have to do until Fleabay has something good. Looking at a Diesel manual would be worse imo. Thanks @mudgudgeon 👍

This won't have the Australian information.

The Australian version of this site is here:

Sign up, pay your money and download whatever you need for your Australian specification Land Cruiser.

This won't have the Australian information.

The Australian version of this site is here:

Sign up, pay your money and download whatever you need for your Australian specification Land Cruiser.
Hey @Onur, I did check this out and unfortunately it only goes down to the year 2000, and only has 70, 100, 200 and Prado series. There is no 80 series but thank you for the otherwise helpful resource. 👍

Have you tried the Brit site, landcruiserclub.net ?
Thank you @Steveindar, I just had a look and unfortunately they have 2 manuals for 80 series, and neither of them are a FSM/Owners Manual/EWD. I wonder how rare these manuals must be. Might just keep looking on Ebay.

What info exactly are you looking for? I have two RHD diesel 80's and manage to find all kinds of pertinent info within these forums. Don't be scared to ask. Someone will have the info somewhere.
Cheers
S

What info exactly are you looking for? I have two RHD diesel 80's and manage to find all kinds of pertinent info within these forums. Don't be scared to ask. Someone will have the info somewhere.
Cheers
S
Sorry if I'm not giving enough context. Let me elaborate.
I'm trying to say I don't have any original manuals for my FZJ80 Petrol 1995 GXL 'Cruiser, as the seller had none with the vehicle, and the only ones I can find to download/print are American/LHD. So I was hoping an Aussie would have info on where to find said manuals in RHD so I have something more 'original' to my car. But thus far I have only found a 1996 FSM manual at 1300 pages, and a 1996 EWD which is OK apart from the FSM being LHD.

Regardless this forum is excellent for information and what I'm hoping for is some direction to Aussie/Jap manuals. Otherwise this might just be a dead end. 🤔

Have you tried asking more regional? Aus has an active 80's community, I'm sure they can help. Good luck anyway.
The petrol/gas engines are well covered in the US, whereas the diesels are more common in yours and my neck of the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom