1995 FZJ80 Circuit opening relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where this relay is located on a 95? the fsm says its below the relays at the drivers side kick panel.. but not on mine..

Example of where its not....

Relay block DS.jpg

So that relay is there, it's right below your diagram you posted. That foot rest thing is in the way. If you remove the single bolt holding it in place and move that our of the way, your circuit open relay will make its appearance.

Yeah, i removed everything and there is no relay present. Just moulded metal body panel with the harness going to the relay block.

The 94 in the wrecking yard I pulled my spare from had it in the correct place...

The 95 is a transitional year truck, what is the build date? (Like 1/95, 11/94 etc...) Might help, after 1/95 should mirror the 96/7 trucks, before that might be the older style. Or maybe some PO has been at it and rigged something else?

Im starting to wonder if the 95-97 dont have one, a lot of things changed during that time period. Maybe with the newer MAF they deleted it.

Its not been modified, everything in that location is stock. No mounting points for anything thats not there.
Its a 3/95

Here is a shot from a 96 LX450. No relay just like mine..

main relay block.jpg

Here's a shot off the net of one and the pin out..

Circuit Open Relay.jpg

I seriously wonder if Toyota deleted it with the new MAF. The relay starts the fuel pump when the key is at start, and if it fails the MAF sends a secondary signal to start the pump when it reads enough air flow.

Just for the sake of comparison, here's the 94:
upload_2017-8-25_10-6-21.png

and here's the 95:
upload_2017-8-25_10-6-43.png

so it looks like it's intended to be there, MAF or not. I'll look this evening when I get home and report back.

Last edited:
Looking at the 96 EWD the Circuit Opening relay is the round relay below. The spot in the lower right corner is blank (FSM) with no wiring.

Looks like you are correct, 1995 and on used a smaller (round) relay!

$1100 vs $150.00 = Awesomness!!

I sure hope my '94's relay never dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom