Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay 255/85/16’s win the day. Need to figure out the radio situation. I’ve never owned a 24v truck before and this truck just has the dash mount speakers. I saw that I could get a power converter pretty easy. Is that what everyone is doing with their JDM’s? I considered just getting a single DIN 24 volt unit and just utilizing that setup for now. Decisions decisions.....

Did you check the stereo in there now? It may be 12V itself.

Last edited:
Pretty good day on the 77. All fluids dumped, new OEM filter on engine. Timed the 1PZ and set it to .86mm. New thermostat went in. Both front outer axles are done with new TT spindles and Aisin f/w hubs. Just got to install the calipers and the front outer axle is done. New oil tomorrow.

C3012994-CA1E-476D-A7DF-D60994ADB75A.jpeg

04021D74-1A0E-46A6-9285-CD8526BB0250.jpeg

B9D32BCB-5F16-40FF-8505-66645F40A5DB.jpeg

Cheers

Last edited:
New gear oil and plugs in front diff, trans and t-case plus engine oil today. New rubber brakes lines installed and new steel lines at the front calipers, we did the rubber drop lines at the frame too. New fuel filter. New bulbs in front running lights and turn signals, a couple were blown. New heater valve and firewall hose replaced today. New wiper blades, caps and nuts installed today.

Tie rod ends are completely seized in the rods. Lots of PB Blaster and heat and they are not budging.

Drivelines pulled, tomorrow rear 3rd member is coming out for locker fitment.

Rooted seat bases for the Scheelmann seats are completely wrong. It’s not even close to the floor and mounts on this 77. That’s a bummer.

Cheers

6A4EE418-4AC3-4D47-908F-2DCE052A0627.jpeg

334092FE-806F-44E3-AD24-15E63DDF84A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Got an HPD of Australia catch can coming for this truck. If you followed the gold PZJ70 build you will see I fit one in it also. I really like this catch can, it’s the goods for sure. There is a lot of oil in the intake on this 1PZ so it will do it good for the road trip. Plus John can use it on any engine that may end up in this truck.

64DCF7A8-C93B-44E4-87F7-F34904664171.jpeg

Alternator adjusting bolt and block is completely seized so I got a new OEM set up in route.

C30E7291-2946-4B0E-AD1D-2BAD72181D61.jpeg

Got a pretty serious leak at the front t-case output. I have the OEM seal but think I will get the flange as well.

Got all the parts in hand to do the rear axle wheel bearings and seals, might as well since the shafts are coming out to pull the 3rd member.

Not a ton more going on mechanically. Going to do a really big flush on the cooling system and put a new water pump in it. Timing belt has 20k on it but looks like new, they didn’t seem to do the water pump at the same time. Oil pressure gauge not working so need to fix that. Not a lot else planned right now for mechanical repairs or upgrades, the truck either doesn’t need it or we don’t have time.

I am going to get the scabby exhaust replaced and a new muffler. But only from t-case back, the rest is fine.

Cheers

Pretty excited about the rapid transformation that is ongoing. It’s even cooler to think that just a week or two ago this truck was still living in Canada (on the west side) and now it’s been properly imported and getting the real spa treatment before the 2200 mile trek to Tennessee (maybe even more if I detour). This certainly would not have been possible without the help of Ian and some great Mud members and vendors.

I think we know the problem with the Planted brackets and why they are not fitting this truck. Hopefully will have a confirmation later this morning. Either way, these seats are going in the truck.

Good looking cruiser John , btw the seat brackets should be divided in 2 categories for the 7x models

- troopy and pu have same base
-70/71/73/74/76/77/78 have the same front seats mounting brackets

Joe

Last edited:
Good looking cruiser John , btw the seat brackets should be divided in 2 categories for the 7x models

- troopy and pu have same base
-70/71/73/74/76/77/78 have the same front seats mounting brackets

Joe
I concur and I think we zeroed in on the problem. Planted only list one 70 series base and it definitely fits a Troopy (I had a set in mine). I remember Toby from Scheelmann telling me that Planted had just created the bracket and used a Troopy as the model. The 60 series bases appear to be close so we are going to see if Planted has a set to try. Otherwise, we are going to have to fab a set because I plan on riding in those seats across the country to Windrock.

Flight is now booked. I land in Boise late on September 20th.
If you see a t-shirt that features an Idaho potato grab it. :)
I'll be the only guy at the Meet & Greet that has one.

Last edited:
I concur and I think we zeroed in on the problem. Planted only list one 70 series base and it definitely fits a Troopy (I had a set in mine). I remember Toby from Scheelmann telling me that Planted had just created the bracket and used a Troopy as the model. The 60 series bases appear to be close so we are going to see if Planted has a set to try. Otherwise, we are going to have to fab a set because I plan on riding in those seats across the country to Windrock.

Are you stuck with those Planted bases? I'm interested if you are stuck with them and want them gone... for my Troopy.

Flight is now booked. I land in Boise late on September 20th.

Can't wait to see photos from your road trip. You will be taking pictures and posting right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom