1991 3F-E De-Smog Performed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just super slow. Bad egr system. I have an exhaust leak right now and sure that doesn't help either. I know what I need to do just no time to do it yet.

My coil tested good and plugs are new. Cap and rotor aren't very old but there is a bit if built up on the cap and rotor. Should I just change them? Not very expensive.

I will replace it and report back.

Now I need to verify the EGR valve is actually closed.
Easy to do when it's in the trash! If I move that fuse box I could fit an entire Honda engine on top of that fender...

ZPGNNVz.jpg

Replaced my cap and rotor. Seems to be running better now. I ordered my smog bypass belt and egr block off plate. Can't wait to get rid of that. Soon to get my exhaust leaks fixed. Need to take it in for that. For some reason I can't get the flanges to seal after I replaced the cats. Been through two sets of oem gaskets from toyota and still now luck. Mct75, did you remove your air injectors off the intake? I was reading a 2f desmog and it looks like the 3fe has the same setup? And removing the smog pump and putting on a shorter belt I lose the second belt for the alternator. Is there a belt I can out on there so I still have two belts turning the alternator?

I haven't removed the tubes going into the head, no, but it's on my list.

Not sure about the double belt but there ought to be one out there somewhere. I only have one belt.

I want a second belt for that redundancy life.

For sure!

I want a second belt for that redundancy life.

For sure!

After shorting the temp sensor and blocking vacuum signal to EGR my code 71 hasn't come back and I gained one more mile per gallon. Exhaust smells like it should now, too.

I can't claim mpg increase yet but I'm almost 100 for the first half tank tho which seems higher than normal.

Replaced my cap and rotor. Seems to be running better now. I ordered my smog bypass belt and egr block off plate. Can't wait to get rid of that. Soon to get my exhaust leaks fixed. Need to take it in for that. For some reason I can't get the flanges to seal after I replaced the cats. Been through two sets of oem gaskets from toyota and still now luck. Mct75, did you remove your air injectors off the intake? I was reading a 2f desmog and it looks like the 3fe has the same setup? And removing the smog pump and putting on a shorter belt I lose the second belt for the alternator. Is there a belt I can out on there so I still have two belts turning the alternator?
Hi Jigglebear, I've been looking high and low for an EGR block off plate for a '91 3FE and can't locate one. Where did you find yours?

Hi Jigglebear, I've been looking high and low for an EGR block off plate for a '91 3FE and can't locate one. Where did you find yours?
Also, what did you end up doing for belts? Thanks!

Nope, just pounded it in. It was a very tight fit so I am not worried about it getting sucked into the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom