1991 3F-E De-Smog Performed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been out of town the past couple weeks so I haven't been able to work on my pig yet. But if I remember correctly I order it from route 66 and it came with the egr block off plate and the plug for the manifold. As far as the belts I order a belt to by pass the pump for the time being until I can come up with a more permanent solution to run dual belts for my alternator. When I get it figured out I will let you know asap!

I have been out of town the past couple weeks so I haven't been able to work on my pig yet. But if I remember correctly I order it from route 66 and it came with the egr block off plate and the plug for the manifold. As far as the belts I order a belt to by pass the pump for the time being until I can come up with a more permanent solution to run dual belts for my alternator. When I get it figured out I will let you know asap!
I looked at the route 66 option and it didn't seem compatible with the '91 Land Cruiser 3FE. I also typed in the year, make and model on their ebay listing and it said this vehicle wasn't compatible. It's funny though, according to his website it says '90-'92, but it is the wrong shape. I'm not sure he is right, he may confused with the 1FZ. I'll post the difference below. I'd like to get my hands on the one at the bottom but I don't think he makes them anymore. I private messaged him and he hasn't responded yet. Furthermore I do have the EGR valve gasket which is the same exact shape as the plate at the bottom, so if worse comes to worse I'll have a buddy use it as a template and fabricate it. Please let me know if you know something I don't here. I will do the same.
66 Block Off.jpeg
MUD Block Off Plate.jpeg

@jigglebear Comparing the two plates maybe the route 66 will still work since the protruding part of the gasket might not be neccesary. It appears that the EGR hole might still be covered with the 66. HMMMMM. I'll also attach a link to the EGR valve gasket.
25627-61021 - Toyota Parts Deal

If I'm not mistaken NLXTACY sells the block off plate, or "keychain" as he refers to it as.

You are correct. The block off plate doesn't require such a large gasket if I'm interpreting this correctly. I should be home with in the next couple days to work on my pig and I will take pictures of everything I can't think of.

Wanna explain that comment big guy?
The "keychain" IS the block-off plate. As I'm sure you know, it is illegal in some states to remove the EGR system. This "keychain" is Wits End's way of staying within the law, however I think they are a bit paranoid. It's probably more of an inside joke than anything.

The "keychain" IS the block-off plate. As I'm sure you know, it is illegal in some states to remove the EGR system. This "keychain" is Wits End's way of staying within the law, however I think they are a bit paranoid. It's probably more of an inside joke than anything.

Sold as "keychain" to protect everyone's best interest.

See that makes more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I got my kit on and bypassed the pump. Waiting on results from my mileage. I have alot of stop and go to and from work so I'm not expecting much of a change. All in all in runs much smoother and sounds and bit more healthy. I have an exhaust leak from my cat replacement a while back so after that's done I will

Delete is on and complete with the pump bypassed. Runs much smoother along with sound a but more healthy. No report on mileage changes yet tho.

0E16B584-D9DB-41A8-93FB-122087809BD7.jpeg
Turns out after desmogging my rig it wasn’t enough. I overheated it attempting to keep 65 mph with a full rig going camping with the family and blew a radiator and head gasket. It was 100% my fault because I had advanced the timing and did can’t help the predet in time. But with a new head and all kinds of new parts it sounds and runs much better. Just need to replace my cats and she is as good as new! Not to mention with all that smog stuff gone I finally installed my dual battery kit.

View attachment 1619119 Turns out after desmogging my rig it wasn’t enough. I overheated it attempting to keep 65 mph with a full rig going camping with the family and blew a radiator and head gasket. It was 100% my fault because I had advanced the timing and did can’t help the predet in time. But with a new head and all kinds of new parts it sounds and runs much better. Just need to replace my cats and she is as good as new! Not to mention with all that smog stuff gone I finally installed my dual battery kit.
Looks sharp man!

It’s getting there. A lot of work. Anyone else have questions I can help with for the 3fe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom