1990 BJ73 3B Diesel - Tachometer issue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help me locate or pin point where inside the engine is the connection of the tachometer on the 3B diesel engine? the problem started when my water pump broke and spread all the water inside, I manage to get a water pump and replaced, but my friend decided to clean the engine and that is when all started to get mess up, once the tachometer started to mess up, there are moment she runs normal and some times she turns on and off, the cigarette lighter won't turn on, the fuses are all good, this morning I took it off thinking there is a fuse inside, but there is nothing inside, so back to square zero, the other thing the lights of my tag is not working, is there another fuse box beside the one under the steering wheel? so all those things where working when the water pump was working normal, any help is appreciated.

You can download free manuals for these. Google it. I think its more likely the high pressure water wash has done something. I thought the sensor was in the bell housing on these

On my H55 gearbox the tacho pickup is on the side of the bellhousing.
sensor-detail-jpg.9387

Thank you guys, I was working the car today and found it and man it was hassle on disconnecting the sensor, so anyway I took it off and unscrew it from the engine, that wasn't a issue so anyway I took it out and it was carbonized the sensor, I clean it off and put it back, it started to work fine but then the idle die again on and off, so now I think I have to clean where the sensor get plug in, so the new question is how to clean it and when I finish clean it will it work? if is still doing that, then is the sensor and I have to buy a new one. So how do I clean it?

well I thought that by cleaning the engine, we mess up the sensor, but now I know that is not the case, I m thinking that I have two issues, the sensor is bad or where the sensor inserted is dirty, so now the question is with what you clean it? so if I clean it and the sensor if giving me issues then I have faulty sensor...

On my H55 gearbox the tacho pickup is on the side of the bellhousing.
sensor-detail-jpg.9387

Sorry to bump an old thread. I would like to add a tachometer to my BJ73 that did not have one from the factory. It looks like mine has no hole where the one in the picture is mounted. Has anyone had success in boring and taping a hole to be able to use the factory sensor, or am I relegated to an alternator style pick up?

Its a lot of work putting things like that in. There are also the type that senses a pulse from an injector line.

..Has anyone had success in boring and taping a hole to be able to use the factory sensor, ...?

Have you confirmed that your flywheel is fitted with the correct magnetic pin for the sensor to read ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom