For Sale 1989 4runner, 1st Gen. with many mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello fellow 4X4ers,

Vehicle is in Huntington Beach, CA. USA

Asking $5000.00

I'm selling my 1989 4runner 3.0 V6 with a Toyota factory rebuilt/installed engine with 28k miles on it.

The bad:
It has a few cracks in the body near the engine compartment (i'll show that in the pics).
It is missing the "plastic front grill".
It has some minor surface rust in the under carriage area that can be buffed out.

The good:

On a Toyota factory(Keyes Toyota in Van Nuys, CA installed) newer rebuilt engine with 28K miles on it.
V-6 3.0 engine(head gasket repaired by Toyota with the new engine) -Downey Headers with a 2 1/2" custom exhaust system.
All Pro SAS
Hy Pinion front diff
4.88 gearing
ARB lockers front & rear
JE Reel drive shaft
diff breathers front and rear
All Pro 56" 3" springs in front
All Pro 56" 5" springs in the rear
oversized disk brakes all around
rear extended shackles
Downey Off road 14 gallon aux fuel tanks- so you could have 28 ish gallons of fuel on board.
bilstien shocks
Kaymar rear bumber with spare tire swing out.
35" tires
Flex a lite electric fan
Marlin Crawler 4.70
Custon air intake
4340 chromoly inner axle Pro field
4140 rear axle
Khaki Canback soft top- only one in existence for 4runners- custom built.

If you are interested, I can email more detailed pics or answer your questions.

Thank you,

ki6bdb

_DSC0065.jpg

_DSC0066.JPG

_DSC0045.JPG

_DSC0047.JPG

Awesome rig, GLWTS.

I hope my recently acquired 89 3vz-e looks half this good one day.

Thank you Sir for the kind comment.
My dad bought it new in early 90. I bought it from him in 92. I had it painted in 2001 as well as the SAS.
It's been a GREAT rig.
I just went to AAA today to get the clean title sent to me for any potential out of state buyers. I lost the last one.
It is garaged and has been garaged for its entire life.

Would you trust it to drive from CA to Georgia?

Hello Garth,

As far as I can foresee- I'd say it can make it. I'll change the motor oil for you so that you could make the journey. I think there is a small power steering pump leak due to it sitting in the garage for a year and a half.
All the lights , turn indicators work, no other leaks that I can see at the moment. It would be a loud ride due to the soft top & header/exhaust, so bring some headphones and music.
Brakes are good, windshield wipers work good.
I just tested the air conditioner- its not working from what appears as the air conditioner compressor isn't working.
All the belts where changed with the engine 28K miles ago.
expect 16 MPG due to the 35" tires & exhaust system.
I just checked GA emissions requirements and it looks like you are ok to register without the inspection/ test since the 4runner is from 1989.-You should double check that..

Note the last line: "1993 model year and newer."- This is a 1989 so looks like NO requirement needed for an emissions test.

Georgia Smog Check Requirements
The following 13 counties require emissions testing on vehicles registered in:

• Cherokee.
  • Clayton.
  • Cobb.
  • Coweta.
  • DeKalb.
  • Douglas.
  • Fayette.
  • Forsyth.
  • Fulton.
  • Gwinnett.
  • Henry.
  • Paulding.
  • Rockdale.
You must have your vehicle tested annually, before your registration renewal. It's wise to have your vehicle tested several weeks prior to renewal to leave time for any necessary repairs. Emissions tests are valid for 12 months.

Typically, your vehicle must be smog checked if it is:

• A gasoline-powered vehicle with a 1993 model year and newer.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Love to see more pics. Engine compartment, interior, rear cargo area, etc. Long ways to come and kick tires.

dntsdad@comcast.net

I assume that you have one transfer case in it with the MC 4.7's? You didn't mention a doubler.

Do you have a hard top for it?

I am interested in Fresno, Ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom