1986 4Runner OM617 Swapped Diesel (1 Viewer)

Me too = lift car, wheel out old axles (left the wheels and tyres on) then rolled the new ones with 4.88's (for 33's) and e-lockers under took 2-3 hours
lift.jpg

You can see the old axles in the background :)

Will Van

GOLD Star
Me too = lift car, wheel out old axles (left the wheels and tyres on) then rolled the new ones with 4.88's (for 33's) and e-lockers under took 2-3 hours View attachment 2510772
You can see the old axles in the background :)

Awesome! I’m still looking for a solid front axle too. Either SAS or donor 1984 or 1985 4Runner.

I am working on it. I want to build a full spare axle with e-locker, disc brakes, full float, and drive flanges. Then swap the whole axle assembly at once.
Smart man. That’s exactly what I did. No down time

This is my plan. I have the e-locker already and when my list of projects goes down I'll pick up a spare axle to modify so down time will be minimal.

Will Van

GOLD Star
This is my plan. I have the e-locker already and when my list of projects goes down I'll pick up a spare axle to modify so down time will be minimal.

Where did you find the e-locker? I looked briefly on EBay, but they were all 4.30s. I need 4.10.

Where did you find the e-locker? I looked briefly on EBay, but they were all 4.30s. I need 4.10.

I bought my 4Runner from a friend who had the e-locker third and intended to put it in. I think he found it in a junkyard. He changed directions and bought a 100 series. I bought the e-locker third from him for $500.

SMG

SILVER Star
Wow! Good deal. So what’s your plans for that R150F transmission? Is it possibly going up for sale too? If so, I call first dibs 🤣

Last edited:

Will Van

GOLD Star
Wow! Good deal. So what’s your plans for that R150F transmission? Is that possibly going up for sale too? If so, I call first dibs 🤣
Maybe. I’ll keep you posted. I ultimately want to build a dual case 1979 to 1983 Pickup. But I have a lot of projects right now.

Reactions: SMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom