1986 2WD $300... (hit a deer)

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by kblomquist, Aug 22, 2006.

1. kblomquist

kblomquist

I have the opportunity to buy the above vehicle. I currently own a 1987 4runner. Would it be worth buying? What parts are interchangeable. Engine has 115K. Body damage (hood, grill, radiator, etc...) No rust.

Any responses appreciated.

KB

2. 2ndGenToyotaFan

2ndGenToyotaFan Ice-Bound Moderator

The engine if it's FI'd, the flywheels are different... some wiring and the interior. The tranny if it's a manual and yours is a manual might be interchangable, you'd have to swap the t-case on....

Axle (rear) will be different, I don't know about the diffs.

3. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

Unless your engine is getting tired, I wouldn't bother with it. The engine and some of the interior is about all that will swap, especially since you said the nose is damaged.

It's probably a bench seat (worthless, very uncomfortable even new). The wheels are 5-bolt so they won't fit. BTW, the oil pan on the engine is different in the 2WD's.

If the bed is close to rust-free you could get your money back by selling it. But then you gotta deal with the carcass. A lot of junkyards won't take a vehicle if all the decent parts are already gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.