1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1986 2WD $300... (hit a deer)

Discussion in '95-older Toyota Truck Tech' started by kblomquist, Aug 22, 2006.

1. kblomquist

kblomquist

I have the opportunity to buy the above vehicle. I currently own a 1987 4runner. Would it be worth buying? What parts are interchangeable. Engine has 115K. Body damage (hood, grill, radiator, etc...) No rust.

Any responses appreciated.

KB

2. 2ndGenToyotaFan

2ndGenToyotaFan Ice-Bound Moderator

The engine if it's FI'd, the flywheels are different... some wiring and the interior. The tranny if it's a manual and yours is a manual might be interchangable, you'd have to swap the t-case on....

Axle (rear) will be different, I don't know about the diffs.

3. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

Unless your engine is getting tired, I wouldn't bother with it. The engine and some of the interior is about all that will swap, especially since you said the nose is damaged.

It's probably a bench seat (worthless, very uncomfortable even new). The wheels are 5-bolt so they won't fit. BTW, the oil pan on the engine is different in the 2WD's.

If the bed is close to rust-free you could get your money back by selling it. But then you gotta deal with the carcass. A lot of junkyards won't take a vehicle if all the decent parts are already gone.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">