For Sale 1985 fj60 w/ v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

There is a ROTW thread in the 60 series section from when I built the truck.>>>CLICK HERE<<< Take a look... MAKE AN OFFER! Cash and trade is also a possibility. No more
4x4's please. I need to move this truck to someone who will appreciate it.

The specs are as follows:

Year = 1985
Motor = 1987 Chevy TBI 350 rebuilt
Trans = 1990 700r4 rebuilt (lokar shifter)
Xfer = 1985 splitcase
Gears = 4.88 (installed by PO)
Traction control = Lockrights front and rear
Wheels/tire = (5x)255 85r16 Maxxis Bighorns on Grey steel Tacoma wheels. This combo has less than 1k miles on it.
Montero dash handle and gauge pod (pod houses tach)
Hella 24" Map Light at passenger A-pillar
Icom 208H dual band Ham radio (Mag mounted antenna, forget the model)
Wilson 1k antenna run to center console for a CB (the original radio burned up)
Safari Snorkel
Dual Optima batteries (Planned to be redundant systems eventually. Ford alternator included)
Electric stereo antenna
Cut and folded rear ¼'s. This gives about 6" of additional clearance. The cut and fold job looks like a factory job but was not.
Parts for York OBA are uninstalled but included in sale
Cavernous custom center console.
Rear 1/4 panel storage boxes on both sides. Passenger side box include 10" subwoofer enclosure.
Custom exhaust with catalytic converter and O2 sensor installed.

The tent and Yakima rack are not included in the sale as they ave been relocated.

Items that need attention are as follows:

Ac compressor is in place but is not hooked up. Condensor is included and so are a set of used Toyota hoses and GM hoses. These ends can be used to make a set of custom hoses. A new dryer is needed.
The dual batteries have never been set up as I had originally planned. I am including the Ford alternator that was intended to run the second battery and the onboard welder I planned to build. I can supply links to the build thread I intended to follow on-line. The EGR valve needs the flow washer to be fine tuned so that the EGR circuit can be hooked up and the emissions equipment would then be 100% complete. Currently the EGR valve is not hooked into the ECU which causes a CEL. The truck runs flawlessly without this but it's something that needs buttoned up. The twin stick setup (HI-LO) and (2wd-4wd) linkage needs tweaking as it's not shifting perfectly every time. The Tcase shifts in and out of gears smoothly from below but the linkage is binding a bit. This is a custom setup as there was none available for this application at the time of the build.
The lockup wire for the transmission needs to be hooked up to a 12v source. The DVD player head unit is a cheap unit from Walmart that strted giving me problems after a couple years of usage. It should be replaced along with the amplifier for the subwoofer. The Montero Guage pod on top of the dash needs to be remounted or removed as it wiggles around a bit.

Please ask as many questions as you feel you need to. I will be nothing but completely honest. I'm the kinda guy that will tell you every little thing that is wrong with the truck so that when you get it you will be pleasantly surprised with all that is RIGHT with it. This is a solid truck with a super clean body with no rot and virtually no rust. There is a gouge in the rear tailgate that happened when we had a huge storm that blew a roof tile from my roof into the truck. It's about 2" long vertically and went all the way to the metal. This is the only rusted area on the entire body. The truck is SOLID and clean. The truck is a driver and I would not hesitate jumping in it and driving across the entire country with my whole family in tow.

I am not interested in any trades other than a 1967 or earlier VW bug, bus, ghia or type 3, or american classics. I am open to multiple car trades or cars and cash. I am open to all cash offers. Send your offer and we can talk. I will not respond to any emails that do not include a telephone number. Additional pix available upon request.

Need to move her down the road... BRING ALL OFFERS!!!
IMG_4723.jpg
cl604.jpg
cl602.jpg

Last edited:
My understanding is I only need one kidney to survive, so would my other one cover the cost?
In all seriousness, this is waht i'm trying to get my old man to do with his rig.
Love the first " " in the sig too! Good luck duder!

Sell that kidney on EBAY and we can talk.

Make me an offer. You might be surprised...

bump... dont be afraid to make offer.

Insult me with your offer... I promise I won't be insulted.

bump for a long-time buddy of mine!!!!!! :beer:

georg

Thank you Georg. It's been a longe time broher. I'm pretty sure the rams horn manifolds on this truck came from you if I remember right. Hard to believe that I started building this truck nearly 9 years ago.

Make cash offer...

Still have her and she's still for sale. someone rescue her before she rots.

Current condition of the 60

Hello,

I'm interested
Any updates on the condition of the 60 from the original listing?

EGR adjustments, lockup wiring, AC work etc...

It still runs and drives (you've been drvigin it at least periodically?

Thanks, Tom

Trying to figure out how this rig is still for sale....seems like a great deal for someone.

Tommy,

I apologize that I somehow missed responding to your message about the truck. It is, indeed, still available.

I have not been driving it. The truck has been sitting for about 2 years now and Had 2 dead batteries. I went and bought a new battery for it and put it in about 2 weeks ago and she fired right up, believe it or not. I need to go drain the tank as the fuel is bad but she still runs. My life has gone a completely different direction and I literally have ZERO time to do anything with this truck other than look back at old pictures every now and then. All of the issues related to the truck are unchanged and unfortunately when I looked at her last, the paint has a few clear coat issues that have popped up. That said, I'm willing to show the truck. I can send you a link to my Photobucket album if you would like to see a bunch more pics of the truck, including the new paint issues.

Branden

Last edited:
No worries Branden. Stuff happens.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I bought the '82 on the board in Colorado Springs Chuck_421 had for sale. Picked it up and drove it back to Phoenix last Saturday. Not a V8 conversion but in really nice shape and well equiped.

Good luck with the sale.
Tom

Yes sir. Still available.

Brought the truck home last weekend. It's been sitting about 2 years at my friends place. Put in a new battery and some fresh fuel and she fired on the first crank. Dove 20 miles home without incident. Planning to go through and start addressing the little things to make this truck 100% complete.

Still offering a great deal on this truck to Mud members.

Is your truck still available? What is the current status of the repairs/upgrades? I will send you my number via my email account. Thank you.

Sold a while ago.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom