1985 2f manifold nuts and bolts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I just got my j60 a few weeks ago(thank god I have been looking for ever). anyway, I am replacing the manifold gasket this weekend and looks the end bolts for the exhaust are missing. My question is can I just replace all of the nuts bolts and washers with say grade 8 hardware and anti size goo, or do I need special "toyota" studs and such. Also here is a pic of my baby she hopefully be adventure worthy soon. Smaller tires are on the list next.
P1kPppEKSGRdFqsrz4nVC9aTpYcym69jgvOcQMTLpNFr-UHyVPiN6hNzmbgFujQUtWhrxR5BxYYsfEgiPkWHk1-VxMtDeo09Q5irjQhXVxEmNElph-dqD4E96KzdbnMklWV8JdJ8xC5JGl2ByPc9Yv6tjB1IRFWRhnX0quq2Rsb-Ei3uTnjG04utQNSElT6XxrVDTsQqPH3SSaxkLn1b7nyMCuGdBPY4fSzm-L5PyBqQmn4m1bkF2Nxgxog0QStgxkP4utUXhKiipbmAK_5dsA4XdwTO4Bd1L124ZFwn8XrptLC8e7M-fcbi7e33GbsEACMQov2Q1pYB2d0j16UG6bR8s2S5wFsnNo1KXf9-4P3DF6kC-7qWZtF4xbFOIKAnAm_go7mL_Z7e3dSoixydZZSJV78wniufgFK7BLz1oKJOGI8PHK3mSco0qRJbrVtaV_f99nckZrsEMYZfxC96QiUjIxA25bPyyEZNSGMDsgrgluXexlb5Y-jhrtu4GTr3VoNcp_3xb8x0B3LPthOwHxRcJ4WN6UpPTrR-rRgu2811HLIgNALLEmoqpqTOwY6yf_tL=w1766-h993-no

I would invest in the Toyota hardware. I did this when I rebuilt my motor and it made it really easy to put together, no hassle of checking lengths, thread pitch, etc.

Get the Toyota bolts. Don't even think about using bolts from the hardware store.

The correct bolt PN for the two outer small manifold bolts is:
91651-61025 (though Toyota will tell you otherwise).

Definitely get all new hardware. One thing that you should be aware of is that you may want to have the manifold surface milled for flatness. This will help ensure a good tight seal... Oh AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE DIRECTIONAL ARROW ON THE GASKET!!!!

Ask me how I know! :) There is a F<--- on the gasket that will show up in one spot on inbetween the exhaust horn and intake horn. If put on backwards, you will still have everything line up but will experience exhaust leaks (again ask me how I know). So make sure that you install the gasket correctly. I need to flip mine.

Definely replacing the hardware however my toyota dealer couldn't even find a part number for ithe I see on specter they have them. What Makes the Toyota part the only bolt that works just curious? I see that the back one is still in place.

Definitely get all new hardware. One thing that you should be aware of is that you may want to have the manifold surface milled for flatness. This will help ensure a good tight seal... Oh AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE DIRECTIONAL ARROW ON THE GASKET!!!!

Ask me how I know! :) There is a F<--- on the gasket that will show up in one spot on inbetween the exhaust horn and intake horn. If put on backwards, you will still have everything line up but will experience exhaust leaks (again ask me how I know). So make sure that you install the gasket correctly. I need to flip mine.
Thank the idea of having it surfaced is a source of stress trying to figure out how to get this job done without being out of a car for a week and a few hundred dollers

Cost for me was $80 and took the shop less than a day to do. What took time for me was having the head worked on at the same time. Main thing is to find a shop that knows how to surface the manifold properly (as one piece). Not a huge thing but if you believe that you have had overheating or the manifold gasket was blown then the time is well worth it.

Don't use SOR manifold bolts for the two small end bolts. They are not very strong. And the plating sucks.

Just tell the dealer you want all the nuts and bolts to mount the manifold. You don't need to replace the studs. The guy is being an ornery lazy ass if he's telling you he can't find the part numbers. That's BS. They want to discourage you in every way possible so you'll buy new 4Runner.

Toyota bolts have captive washers, superior strength, and the best metal plating.

Don't use SOR manifold bolts for the two small end bolts. They are not very strong. And the plating sucks.

Just tell the dealer you want all the nuts and bolts to mount the manifold. You don't need to replace the studs. The guy is being an ornery lazy ass if he's telling you he can't find the part numbers. That's BS. They want to discourage you in every way possible so you'll buy new 4Runner.

Toyota bolts have captive washers, superior strength, and the best metal plating.
sweet, They must use samurai steel, haha Thanks for the tip maybe parts will be open this weekend and i'll just go there and make him look for it

If you just want the two end bolts, just call in the order with the part number I gave you. They only cost about a buck ea.

Not a lot of daylight left in those wheel-wells, eh, with the tub on ?

Contact @beno and order everything, including a Toyota gasket. You'really going to need it and you will most likely bugger the studs removing the manifold.

Not a lot of daylight left in those wheel-wells, eh, with the tub on ?

Contact @beno and order everything, including a Toyota gasket. You'really going to need it and you will most likely bugger the studs removing the manifold.
No joke about that...I am hopefully going to put maybe put 31s or 33s with some longer shackles

Thanks guys for all the replies hopefully this project will be a success I will post pictures once it is done

Rekindling an old thread to keep things generally in one place.

Could anyone help with part numbers of the hardware that bolts the intake and exhaust manifolds together?

I think it’s the numbers I’ve circled from the SOR catalogue.

Many thanks
55CB6B3E-3E92-4A01-A090-4D936D6F6498.jpeg

There are two specific part numbers to mate the exhaust and intake manifolds together.

90101-10485 is discontinued.

90101-10486 is readily available from Toyota. Get those.

Also, don't forget the split washers: 94512-01000

Are there nuts associated with those bolts, or are the manifolds threaded to receive the bolts?

This looks like evidence of prior owner shenanigans.. my manifolds look like this:

BAA74EE5-113E-44B4-8EBC-01EDE62AF26F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom