For Sale 1984 BJ45 TROOPY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 9/5/2019: ASKING PRICE: $37,000 (AS-IS)

Please read my comments in 9/5/2019 post below.

=================================

Hi folks, I have been following mud for a long time but don't post frequently. Wanted to introduce my BJ45 Troopy as I am thinking about selling it and need some guidance on valuation and whether to put it on Ebay/BaT or Hemmings, Craigslist (or any other option). I want to post it here as well. It is JDM, purchased overseas, great survivor and solid frame/body to begin with, got it lightly restored (not frame-off) and imported. Countless hours of hard work and effort went into it over all. Wouldn't be selling if I didn't have something else to replace it! :) Hope it finds a great home. Pictures below.

- 1984 BJ45
- VIN# BJ45-004841
- 3B diesel 3.4L
- 4 speed H41
- RHD
- Power steering
- A/C (working, R134a)
- Locking hubs / ASIN
- Custom Soft top (new, never used) with bows, soft top doors and jerry can carrier
- New upholstery and carpets
- Tire carrier
- Solid, no accidents
- Imported last year in August 2018
- Garage queen since then and driven about 500 miles / 800 km
- NO leaks from engine, transmission, differentials etc. (except minor leak from P/S. See known issues below)
- 136,329 KM ( = 84,710 miles)
- Virginia Registered
- Antique tags
- Located in Norther VA / DC area.
- Clean title in hand

RECENT WORK DONE:

I had a reputable Land Cruiser specialty shop thoroughly go through the entire vehicle with following work done last month.
- New fluids all around (engine, transmission, transfer case, differentials, steering)
- New Anti freeze coolant
- Brakes checked and adjusted
- All belts checked
- All electrical system checked
- New fuel filter and hand primer pump
- Under-carriage (frame / body) restored with thorough deep cleaning, rubberized undercoating and chassis black satin finish (Axle, leaf springs and other mechanical components not painted)

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Speedometer stopped working since last 100 miles/160 km approximately due to broken speedo cable diagnosed by the shop. All other gauges work including fuel, amps, temp, oil.
- Very minute leak from power steering.
- Suspension okay with absolutely no drive/ride issues. It may need new shocks / bushings at some point.

IMG_2040.JPEG

Last edited:
FYI... Not JDM... Probably an Aussie or NZ rig, but JDM would have fender mirrors, and japanese shift instructions on the glove box.

Free bump and good luck with sale. It looks like a ice rig and decent price!

What market did this originally come from? I haven't seen a RHD BJ45 troopy before, only LHD BJ45s or RHD HJ47s (which just goes to show that I haven't seen a lot of things in my life!).

Really beautiful truck. If I could bring myself to be completely financially irresponsible I'd be calling you up, but I'd have to have the divorce lawyer lined up in advance, with a bankruptcy guy not too far behind.

GLWS.

LOL. Do it and ask for forgiveness later :)

Thank you all for appreciating this BJ45. It is indeed a rare bird and waiting to go to its new home. I checked prices for multiple options: 3B motor with 100k miles ($2800), 3B rebuilt ($5K), 13BT ($6-7K), 1HZ ($7-8.5K), 1PZ ($5.5K), 2H ($5K). The proposition is to take this beautiful platform, get the engine of your choice and make it your dream Troopy.

Like I said, I am open to reasonable offers. Please PM me.

Where is it located ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom