1983 BJ46 LX / ZEBRA SEATS / 5 SPEED / AC / POWER STEERING / PTO WINCH / 3B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We're there any produced for markets other than JDM?

I haven't looked extensively, but I've only seen the zebra seats/LX models with transverse (i.e., forward-facing) rear seat, and the transverse seats were only available in the hard top due to the rollbar in the soft top models.

AFAIK, all European BJ46 trucks were soft top. But that is not gospel, just a bit of info passed along to me on a French Landcruiser forum.

@JohnnyC's (?) thread on factory literature has some great brochures that include lots of information, though I don't think you'll get info on production numbers there.

Also, others might be able to weigh in more authoritatively, but I think PTO winch is the only option in your list above, I think 5-speed, AC, PS, 3B and zebra seats were all standard items on the LX models.

image.jpeg
Thanks tlaporte,,,,,I just read that approx 1100 were manufactured over the 4 year period for the Japan market. So, like 275 per year. I was extremely lucky to find this one in northern Japan. It just arrived. I told my wife to bury me in it. I've waited many years to find one that I could afford. Dave
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

@fjfjfj

:love:

Whoooo boy, that's a dream vehicle of mine right now.

2.5 hour drive from LA to Temecula. I might have to make arrangements to see one in person. Not sure if :princess: will understand, but ...

I believe:

B: B-series engine
J: Jeep body style
46: Model # designation
[R]: RHD; in some cases, such as yours, the R is implied
V: Hardtop

M: 5-speed manual transmission (4-speed would be 'K')
C: swing-out, i.e. ambulance doors
M: Japan market

We advanced the timing. Power came back. No black smoke in 1st gear but still black smoke in 2,3,4,5 on acceleration. Will have injectors checked out. Thanks you guys. Thanks RMP and LOL tmarx.

A few more pics: very stoked that I finally own one of these. Plan on keeping it and passing it down to my son. I did notice that mine did not come with those little cargo jumpers. No anchors drilled in back there either so it's not like someone took them out. I guess they were an option back in 1983?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom