For Sale 1982 FJ45 Troopy. Barn find, All original.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good Day Forum. FJ45LV-KC ,,,, FJ45-324*** ,,,, Engine 2F.

Here is a 1982 FJ45LV-KC Troopy for sale. Accepting offers over $26k

Basically a barn find, believe it or not, the engine Runs, I can send video of the engine running if you seriously interested..

The vehicle has no major rust or rust holes on the body and the chassis.. No welds on the chassis.

It is being sold as is. Correct, it needs some good Care.. But in the end, it will be super special.

It is getting ready to be imported on a container from Saudi Arabia. It should leave SA in about 10 days..
It will arrive at Long Beach Port in about 40 to 50 days.

I will get Clean Montana Title and Plates once the Troopy Lands here in Long Beach, Ca.

If you have any questions please let me know. I will be more then happy to assist you.
My cell number is 818-281-2223 or you can email me at edmond4822@gmail.com

please see attached Photos. By the way the front windshield and the rest of the broken glasses have been replaced..

IMG-20170406-WA0030.jpg

Screenshot_2017-05-24-12-53-14.png

IMG-20170406-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20170406-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20170406-WA0033.jpg

Last edited:
I think this one is an 81+ year

Here is the vin plate and chasssis vin stamp.

In the registration papers it states that this is a 1982 model.

please see attached photos.

When the vehicle gets the title from Montana, i will submit all the correct information i have to the DMV so they input the right year production date on the Title, whether 1981 or 1982..

Thank you 3_P

IMG-20170422-WA0091.jpg

IMG-20170422-WA0095.jpg

They have barns in Saudi Arabia? Cool truck. I thought that the FJ45LV designations for only for the 4 door LVs that were sold in the early to mid 60s. Very interesting. I have a LHD BJ45 troopy... wonder how many other LHDs are across the US?

They have barns in Saudi Arabia? Cool truck. I thought that the FJ45LV designations for only for the 4 door LVs that were sold in the early to mid 60s. Very interesting. I have a LHD BJ45 troopy... wonder how many other LHDs are across the US?

Hello Lewis

You right, the first models of 4 doors LVs did have the FJ45LV designations. Your BJ45 is a Diesel engine? Super sweet Troopy.
Not sure how many are across the states but would be nice to know, maybe someone has a list of current owners of 45LVs.

Not sure if they call it the barn in Saudia but the Fj45 belonged to a sheep and cow farmer, and since he had quiet a big land he put all his equipment there as well...:deadhorse:. He might of even transported sheep with the troopy

Yep. 3B. About 11k km. A 'beautiful' former Portuguese volunteer firefighter transport vehicle (VTPT) for BVTAROUCA.

Hello Lewis

You right, the first models of 4 doors LVs did have the FJ45LV designations. Your BJ45 is a Diesel engine? Super sweet Troopy.
Not sure how many are across the states but would be nice to know, maybe someone has a list of current owners of 45LVs.

Not sure if they call it the barn in Saudia but the Fj45 belonged to a sheep and cow farmer, and since he had quiet a big land he put all his equipment there as well...:deadhorse:. He might of even transported sheep with the troopy

How much?

You need to post a price to advertise here.

I wonder if it spent its whole life there ? The last time I was there that truck was only 9 years old. I'm amazed it still has any paint left on it. Not uncommon to see older vehicles without any paint left in them and the glass on the head lights pitted completely dull from being sandblasted when caught in sand storms. great climate for preventing rust however. :)

As far as transporting animals in landcruisers , that's a given.....we used to be flying along in the middle of nowhere over there and see Toyota's with full grown camels in the bed of the trucks facing reward. I always wanted to see them load em. Lol

DOM, Here are a few pictures of them transporting Camels.
Correct, the troopy has spent its whole life there in Saudi Arabia and will start a new life here in America Very soon.
The troopy just left port a few days ago headed to the west.

camel-in-pickup-truck-in-sohar-in-oman-AGA238.jpg

2 camels in a toyota.jpg

DOM, Here are a few pictures of them transporting Camels.
Correct, the troopy has spent its whole life there in Saudi Arabia and will start a new life here in America Very soon.
The troopy just left port a few days ago headed to the west.

View attachment 1516228

View attachment 1516229

lol..love it. There is actually quite a bit more room on the back of a cruiser compared to the standard Toyota pickup of the 1970s and 80's I've seen them cramped into. The two in one I've never seen. Cool pictures, someone is going to be lucky here. Thanks for sharing !

In this case the L stands for LHD and the V is for Van, i.e. hardtop.

Has this truck arrived in the US, yet? Will it be in La Crescenta? I'm not a prospective buyer, but I'm right in Pasadena and would love to see a unique truck like this one.

Has this truck arrived in the US, yet? Will it be in La Crescenta? I'm not a prospective buyer, but I'm right in Pasadena and would love to see a unique truck like this one.[/QUOTE]

Hello T
The Troopy will arrive 3rd week of September. You are just a 10 minutes away and More then welcome to come over and see the vehicle. 1000%
When it arrives i will send you a PM and just stop by.

Has this truck arrived in the US, yet? Will it be in La Crescenta? I'm not a prospective buyer, but I'm right in Pasadena and would love to see a unique truck like this one.

Hello T
The Troopy will arrive 3rd week of September. You are just a 10 minutes away and More then welcome to come over and see the vehicle. 1000%
When it arrives i will send you a PM and just stop by.
I am next door in Tujunga and would love to check out this vehicle as well. Also not a prospective buyer but would I be able to come see it as well?

I am next door in Tujunga and would love to check out this vehicle as well. Also not a prospective buyer but would I be able to come see it as well?

Yes CH, 100% you are more then welcome to see it, I will send you PM. So happy that there are folks close to me that love FJs.
Estimated arrival of the Troopy is Sept. 28. Another 1 week to clear customs. patiently waiting..

The Troopy is here In California.
After Further inspection I found that both floor board of the driver and passenger have rust holes. A few spots on the exterior of vehicle has rust.
The chassis is very solid and has no welds. All doors are solid with no ruts holes..
The engine drives well and not over heating.

Still for sale.. Price now 22k. Montana Title

After taking out all the front carpeting and the rear panel floor aftermarket cardboard, the front floors are rusted.
The rear floor panel is clean and surface rust only.. There is rust where the rear seats bolts onto the left side wheel well. The exterior rocker panels under the doors has small rust spots. All doors are solid with no rust. The hood has no rust. The firewall is very clean with no rust holes.

20171106_152506.jpg

20171106_133941.jpg

20171106_133646.jpg

20171106_133238.jpg

20171106_133200.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom