For Sale 1981 FJ40 For Sale in Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine, and no affiliation, other than trying to help a nice gentelman sell his 40 to someone that can appreciate the rig. Talked with him regarding buying the "Roo bumper" he mentions in the ad (he is checking on the vintage for me) and it sounds like a pretty solid 40 owned by a fellow enthusiast.

FJ40 1981 Toyota

If it didn't look like Tweety bird I'd be all over this...

If it didn't look like Tweety bird I'd be all over this...

x2.

Funny how if it were Mustard yellow I'd love it.

Been sitting on the sidelines and waiting to buy for so long, I almost thought about calling. :hmm: But I just can't.

Paint is easier to find than a solid '81 40 is though...

78crzr said:
Paint is easier to find than a solid '81 40 is though...

Agreed, but at his price that's an expensive rig after paint.

That "Roo bar" isn't the catcher's mask ARB is it?

That's even a bit bright for me. :D

SCC-676.jpg

Paint the fenders black and the roof white.....it will look like a whole different rig. :clap:

:doh:

Congrats!

Thanks brother. It isn't coming cheap by any stretch, but was very nice to find one new after being out of production for all these years. Domino effect is kicking in as I now need to change out the front OME springs to heavy and buy an 8274. Keeps me out of the bars I guess... :)

Last edited:
Post up a report on the gentleman's 40 when you get back. I'm interested to know if it's as bright of a yellow as it looks. :cool:

Also, don't know if it's still there, but a super nice guy had a 8274, largely unused, up in Spring for sale a few weeks ago on CL. He wanted a lot, but maybe he'll negotiate?

Dan, thanks for the heads up on the winch. Think it must have sold as it's no longer up on CL.

As for the 40, I actually met the guy (Dennis) with the Bull Bar in Ft. Worth and not at their home in Grandbury as they were going to be in that area today, so I didn't get to see the 40. Sorry about that. Would have gladly looked it over and snapped some more pics for you. I can tell you you won't meet a nicer guy and he's a true Cruiserhead.

I looked at this FJ40 during my search. That's bedliner... All of it... I wasn't ready to put in that kind of work. Not at that price anyway. Tough to know what the metal was like underneath. Usual rust in the usual spots.

The entire body is bedliner under the yellow paint? Or is it yellow tinted liner? For me, that would immediately turn a $10k 40 into a $5k 40. But to be fair, there are a LOT of hunters here in Texas who love to bedliner their rigs. That yellow would be hard to hunt out of, however.

Anyway, best of luck to the individual selling. It IS still an 81!!

78crzr, sorry the winch is gone. If you need help bolting up that cow-catcher, give me a holler. I'm right down the road in Katy.

It's yellow tinted bed liner.

The entire body is bedliner under the yellow paint? Or is it yellow tinted liner? For me, that would immediately turn a $10k 40 into a $5k 40. But to be fair, there are a LOT of hunters here in Texas who love to bedliner their rigs. That yellow would be hard to hunt out of, however.

Anyway, best of luck to the individual selling. It IS still an 81!!

78crzr, sorry the winch is gone. If you need help bolting up that cow-catcher, give me a holler. I'm right down the road in Katy.

Aren't deer color blind? There might still be hope for the hunter angle. I'm sure there will be someone that appreciates the yellow spray liner.

Thanks for the offer to help with the bumper. I'm actually about to snug up the bolts, install the angle braces, and I'm done! Then back to the soft top install. May take you up on the offer to help when I get the 8274 delivered. I also feel a leaf spring project coming in order to swap out the OME Med. for Heavy. No shortage of projects :)

That's bedliner... All of it...

Just think If you had driven from Tx to Idaho and discovered that? Seller 3 times before now never made mention and one couldn't tell by the pics.....:mad:

How would you ever know what was under all that bedliner? Id rather see them unfinished. MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom