For Sale 1981 Bj41, Excellent Restoration - Low miles, Hawaii (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1981 BJ41 Toyota Diesel Landcruiser , B engine.

Right Hand Drive, imported from Japan . Previous owner imported to Canada and did the major restoration.

Very low original mileage, currently 31,250 Kilometers = approx 18,750 Miles

95% complete Frame-off Restoration ( done by previous owner)
Original B engine and drive train (4 cylinder Diesel) with 4 speed transmission- runs perfect. All original drive train, new clutch. Newly remanufactured water pump, with new belts. About 32 mpg. The engine reminds me of my grandmas old sewing machine, smooth and quiet.

Starts easily, drives on the sand without needing to let air out of the tires, Handles excellent off road.

Transfer Case and 4 Wheel Drive works perfect , locking front hubs on “stock “ rims.

Aluminum Tub ,
Aluminum Fenders, Running Boards and Rear Tailgate , all from Aqualu Industries, BC , Canada
Freshly painted.
Brand New Old Man Emu ( Australia) Suspension: springs, shocks and steering damper, ( Compared to the stock suspension it came with, much smoother ride now)

Newly upholstered Front seats (stock) in beige , w/ Wet Okole blue seat covers ... ( have photos of both with and without) .

New Seat Belts

Locking Front Console (from Cool Cruisers of Texas, CCOT)

24 Volt electrical system , with 24V to 12 V inverter, ready for your stereo or other electronic gear

Rear (locking) Hatch with Taligate, as with earlier year models, much more functional than the later years ambulance style doors ... Original non-air locking struts ( screw type) . Aluminum locking tailgate. New side mirrors, from CCOT.

Operable rear side windows. Rhino lining on floor of tub, front and rear. Rear Carpet (toyota)

Tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain 31 X 10.5 with 90% tread , including new spare and spare cover
( see photos)

Frame and Body in excellent shape , no rust on the body, or any where in the usual places. there is some rust in the corners of the chrome bezel ( see photos) , which I never wanted to cover with paint....

Fiberglass roof with New Headliner.

Rear bench seat , optional...

Set up with Tow receiver

This Landcruiser is a head turner. It has remained a "garage queen" for the last 6 years or so , I have not been driving it much, this the sale.

For shipping : We have Matson that will ship to West coast for about $1200.

$36,500 obo , I have about $40K invested. I am listing here first, before the usual places, so a Mud member can buy it hopefully!

I have lots more photos and video. I have never posted a vehicle here. I need some help in how to load more.... I have to consult with my computer friend and get more up this week.

thanks for viewing ~ serious inquiries only!

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_5530.JPG

20181115_144558 3.jpg

20181115_144621.jpg

20181115_150000.jpg

Last edited:
This truck has evidently had a lot of work. Forgive me for asking but why would a truck with less than 20,000 miles need all this restoration work?
When the truck was found by previous owner in Japan, had been parked for 20 plus years. Had such low miles with a moderately rusted tub. He felt it was worth the effort to do the restoration....
I just took down a couple photos that showed license plate. I will edit to block out the license # and put them back up.

All working lockable rear side windows...
All new chrome hardware on doors , rear tailgate, hood clips, etc.
More photos soon, having trouble getting them up on this old computer.

20181115_150114.jpg

20181115_145917.jpg

20181118_164508.jpg

Last edited:
Why doesn’t it have ambulance doors ?

Good question. Normally an '81 would have ambulance doors.... I had the chance to choose the door/tailgate set up while the truck was being restored. I much preferred the tailgate and hatch door set up and requested it. For camping, fishing, use of tools, etc the tailgate is far superior. The tailgate itself is also aluminum , Aqualu Industries....

View attachment 1932276

20181115_145822.jpg

20181118_164642.jpg

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

Ah ok fair enough

Aloha Steve! Been a while! Was in Maui last year! For anyone interested in this rig, Steve is great to work with and a stand up guy, would not hesitate to buy from him.

For a mud member, I would consider paying 50% of the shipping to the West coast. ( Matson charging about $1100-1200 to West Coast these days) . I am available for a Skype or FaceTime session with the rig, to answer any questions.
Posted on Hawaii Craigslist : Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 Diesel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom