For Sale 1980 BJ40 - Washington DC - $29,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Orange
Hey Guys

Selling our 1980 BJ40 (Diesel) imported from Costa Rica. Please email me if your interested in organising an inspection and test ride; robmcelligott@me.com
  • 1980 model
  • Original B Diesel engine
  • 85,000km
  • Body in excellent condition - no rust or erosion
  • New paint job in 2019, including exterior, interior and engine bay
  • Serviced in May 2020 with paperwork
  • Upgraded 5 speed transmission (Toyota H55F)
  • Upgraded rear braking system (Toyota Landcruiser 70 series, 89 model)
  • Safari roof rack with ladder
  • Speaker system with AUX added to overhead dash
  • Does not include AC unit
  • $29,500

IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor. Add more pics of engine bay, chassis, drive train, suspension, any and all spots that are defective or have rust. Many engine types in a bj40. Specify what this one has. Pics of the roof. This is a no AC or heat 40

For your asking price, buyers would want to see detailed pics of the paint and body work and any restoration work.

Trucks from SA have been more horror stories than not.

I am not suggesting yours is.

One way to quell the fears and stigma is to share how yours was restored. Many do not show these pics. Seen several SA trucks with painted chassis that hide a lot of sins including the use of bondo and paint over. Detailed pics will help your sale.

Are you the first and only owner? Share some history of your ownership and previous owners. This also helps.

When was this imported to the US? Clear blue title? Does frame vin match other tag vin on the firewall or drivers side door? Why are you selling?

Thanks for the feedback @ceylonfj40nut.

I'll be sure to upload some more specific pics (the truck is currently with my brother - so may take a couple of days). I was assuming people would request this via email but more than happy to add them to the post! We saw about 20 trucks whilst we were down there before we landed on this one. I know what you mean about SA trucks... we saw our fair share of sh*tty vehicles with flash new paint to cover up what was underneath. Answers to your questions below.

Are you the first and only owner?
2nd owners. First owner (40 years) was a coffee farmer in San Marcos and we have the Costa Rican title papers to support this.

When was this imported to the US?

July 2020 via sea freight

Clear blue title?

Yes, all paper work is in order and in our name.

Does frame vin match other tag vin on the firewall or drivers side door?
Yes, i'll include photos as proof. This matches the VIN on all of the paperwork.

Why are you selling?

Long story but we purchased this vehicle in February 2020 with the plan to drive it from CR to USA. It was going to be a 3 month road trip. We didn't even make it to Nicaragua before COVID-19 derailed our trip. We decided best way forward was to ship it back to USA and sell it there. I am now back in Australia (we are AUS/US dual nationals) and my brother has the truck in Washington D.C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom