For Sale 1979 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - Cali White Newbury Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine but I like it, looks pretty original $22,500

-------------

Selling my 1979 Toyota FJ40 LandCruiser in good running condition. Carburetor could use a little fine tuning.

Factory A/C
Discs front end
Power steering

Clean title on hand

Call if interested

Eight 0 five
Two zero seven
One one
Zero zero

01111_fMtLR3NRVFz_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_9xjL8VqsQSY_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_jsXT60WTotK_0MM132_1200x900.jpg

00404_brjv3tUkJ4y_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00808_5itcgM0yNuT_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

more pics

00F0F_9gPd3b37JfB_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

01212_1fXqlD6xUPF_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_fvcLIfAM3rF_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_fpghagNmadK_0MM132_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_iKk8OKylVXx_1320MM_1200x900.jpg

Oakweb,

Appreciate your bringing all these to our attention.

This one seems better than some of the others. Repaint suggests perhaps something underneath; been sitting awhile. Body looks pretty good, maybe a Calif truck, little bit of rippling along the rear wheelwell quarter, but the back valence appears good. No fan of the Rhinoliner on the ambo door, but as far as they go the photos don't appear to be deceptive. Smog stuff appears to be present, so possible Calif registration. Might warrant a further hands-on inspection by a possible buyer.

This one looks pretty good. The rusty shocks is a little concerning. Hopefully the frame is not sprayed with black paint to hide the rust.

I see some rust 'sweat' in some areas like the driver headlight area. Probably minor.

Just my observations

Appreciate your bringing all these to our attention.

It's my pleasure! I see a lot more I don't post, some just don't cut it. The more I look at this one, the more I like it.

hmm A collectible spare? You know those bag phones sell on Ebay, they are collectible. And I wonder what the stop watch was for?

hmm A collectible spare? You know those bag phones sell on Ebay, they are collectible. And I wonder what the stop watch was for?
Stopwatch must have been for timing the quarter miles. 🤣
I can’t imagine a ‘79 without rust in the rear, especially at that price. It looks great tho, hopefully they did a good job with the bodywork.
Was this previously listed? It seems familiar.

Fresh repaint? Where are the hood latches?

I've looked at this personally a week ago, within an hour of it on Craigslist. It was at $25k, owner said he was flexible on price after we looked it over and started it up. We left without driving it or making an offer. Within 4 hours he had dropped the Craigslist price to $22.5 -

I never want to insult another 40 owner. Sometimes I personally feel it's better to not make an offer than make a realistic offer based on condition and actual work needed. Because it almost always comes off as a lowball offer. And this owner was a super nice guy.

In this case it's a $15k 40 at best - there's a LOT of work to be undone and redone

@oakweb I tagged you on this last week in the "what have you done to your Land Cruiser this week" thread. Was hoping to give you a heads up to it.

Last edited:
We did, but didn't open it up or start it since my buddy is looking for a white 40 only. In some ways the blue is rougher than the white one just based on a 2 min look at the body. He claimed it was his favorite and was going to keep it, strange to see it for sale also.

Now I'm waiting for the 45 he had in his other driveway to show up on Craigslist- from our initial look was in great shape with a nice vintage green patina.

On the ride home we talked about how if they were in our driveway, we would sell both 40's together for $25k and put it into the 45

It's my pleasure! I see a lot more I don't post, some just don't cut it. The more I look at this one, the more I like it.
Are using something to search CL and Facebook marketplace nationwide?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom