For Sale 1978 HJ45 Diesel Pick up. No Rust, low miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All the duct tape sure makes me believe that the truck has "really low miles", and that the "owner has kept it garaged and used it very little" :rolleyes:

EbayFJ45-01.jpg

This like-new guage cluster also make me believe that there "is really low miles on this one, only 48,000 miles". :rolleyes:

EbayFJ45-02.jpg

Oh, and the huge wooden, commercial tray used for hauling livestock makes me believe that this was not a work truck at all, that is was babied all of its life. :confused:

EbayFJ45-04.jpg

You know, it may not be a bad deal at the price, but the seller of this vehicle knows nothing about it and that shows just by the description of the truck. It is easily apparent by the pictures that the description is not accurate. I personally would run from any listing like this because you have no idea what you are getting. Even if you were to ask for additional information from the seller, could you believe it?

There's more, but I'm not going to get into it.

Good luck with the sale...and more good luck to the person who buys it!

EbayFJ45-02.jpg

EbayFJ45-01.jpg

EbayFJ45-04.jpg

I always love seeing the things that other cruiser heads find wrong with certain postings like this. I look at it and see a beautiful example of a toyota, usually ignoring those things you all point out. Although, if I was seriously looking to buy I guess I probably wouldn't overlook those things for that kind of money. Just reminds me to take a closer look!

I think the cruiser heads find anything that comes into their little forum..not up to their standards. I love land cruisers, each one that is in as good a condition as this one, is worth some praise, considering most of them you find out there are rust buckets or not running, even those perfect frame off restorations were at one time rust buckets, so they needed a frame off or they'd be in the junk yard, this one doesn't need a frame off. It says a lot about you guys who spend most of your post cutting down these beautiful land cruisers. And just because it has a wood box doesn't mean it wasn't babied by the owner who couldn't afford to beat up his truck and buy a new one. You shouldn't assume the worst.

I refuse to visit this Land Cruiser Lover website anymore, it disgusts me.

'Asdae',

you're clearly lying about the condition of the truck and mis-representing the actual mileage - at a bare minimum. I do believe altering the odometer and claiming falsely low mileage is a felony under US law and certainly under state laws. I'm sorry you're disgusted, but that's what you get when you're a scam artist. And spare us the lullaby about being a landcruiser lover and how mean we all are for calling BS on your ad. You only posted here in hope of getting a sale. I reported your listing to Ebay as fraudulent, and have just gotten off the phone with Ebay motors.

And can you believe the text of the ad?:

"An interesting fact about all diesel Land Cruisers including this truck is that they will run on different type of fuels (diesel, vegetable, or bio oil) they have no electronics, so will not be affected by any EMP (electromagnetic pulse generated by Solar flare or EMP weapons) Remember: all vehicles on the road today have ECU (electronic control unit / computer) which will leave you stranded if there is a high level of EMP is unleashed. With this vehicle you are good to go, also does not need battery, it can be push / roll started."

:ban:

Last edited:
Asdae,

You obviously misunderstand.

We aer not cutting down the cruiser at all. You are right when you say that all cruiers are not perfect and need repair. What we are cutting down is the representation of the vehicle by you and your partners.

Others on this site have said that they have spoken to you and you seem sincere and there are other posts where advice was given to you about the representation of your vehicles, but you have not heeded it.

We all love landcruisers here, but nobody loves to get ripped off...no matter how "sincere" the seller is. You expect buyers to shell out over $10,000 for this vehicle without seeing it based on your description and a few pictures. What you don't understand is that you need to build up trust in order for that recipe to work. By not being able to even pick out the most obvious of issues with the vehicle you are selling cvauses people to RIGHTLY mistrust you.

This vehicle MAY BE a GREAT buy at $10,000 but from the pictures and your description the only thing that I think is "What else is wrong with this cruiser that I can't see?" Normally one could ask the seller questions about the condition of the vehicle to get a better understanding, but why whould I do that when it is obvious from your description that you know nothing about what you are selling.

Sorry for :deadhorse:

That's the Canadian part of me showing.

I thought I was being firm. You have to read it in with a pi$$ed off tone; that's why all of the typos.

I have been following assdees ads from the last couple of months as well. It looks like they are interpreting the ads from someone else's ad. You can find the ad in Costa Rica Craigslist and they have different phone numbers which seems like a scam. Also the ebay listings are very vague. They think giving history on LCs and then opinions of different things as well as just a hint of the actual vehicle is acceptable. I agree smells like a scam. If it isn't then prove us wrong with a few references of vehicles that have been sold in the states.

Now bidding at $11k. Ends this afternoon.

I refuse to visit this Land Cruiser Lover website anymore, it disgusts me.

Your apparent lack of honesty disgusts me as well. If anything, we are the group that sees the potential when it's there.

The help you would get from this community if this seemed honest and fair would blow your mind, and make you money. Clearly you don't grasp the concept.

Yeah, you guys disgust me too... Taking weeks, months and years to undo what time, use and abuse has done to Landcruisers. Even worse posting pictures of unmolested original gems and rubbing our noses in it.. Oh well, I'm guess I'm stuck with ya and I keep coming back!

Keep it up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom