For Sale 1977 HJ45 Price reduced $30,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

I have decided to list another one of my personal land cruisers to start on other projects. This is a 1977 HJ45 H Diesel. The motor was completely overhauled including all new rings, pistons, oil pump, hoses, sleeves, gaskets...100% overhauled. Oil has been changed twice in 400 miles and breaking it in properly.

This HJ45 is the perfect candidate for a full restoration or drive as is. I prefer it the way it is and is VERY solid truck, drives great and almost 100% mechanically rebuilt. If you are familiar with the diesel H engines they are not inexpensive to rebuild and we spent over $4500 on the engine alone.

Mechanical/electrical:
- Engine overhauled
- Rebuilt all 6 injectors
- New 2h clutch and rebuilt transfer case
- Rebuilt knuckles
- All new brake boosters, pads and turned rotors
- Refreshed radiator
- NEW OME 2.5" lift, greadable shackles, OME Shocks
- U-bolt skid plates
- New Battery
-All gauges work properly
- Diffs have been rebuilt and new fluid
- New soft Brake lines
-New Exhaust
- Alternatory rebuilt
- Has OEM brake booster with Factory plating/badge on it
- Still has many of the TEQ factory wire ties that was installed when it came off the assembly line. Basically it is wire ties with TEQ logo on them placed ventury and IP. I can take photos of these as well
- Factory mounts under driver seat for tool bag and jack
- Have Brand new Toyota TEQ tool bag
- New jack handles and rod for spare tire hoist
- New 33x10.5 R16 BFG KM2
- New tire liners and tubs for the split rims
- Rims sandblasted and painted Satin Black. All of them have the clips for OEM hub caps if you prefer
- New Aisin Hubs

Body:

This is an unique 45 here in Costa Rica as it was never used on the coffee or plantation farms. The bed/tailgate is great condition with the normal surface rust

It has a nice patina to the Factory Pollux Orange paint (Latin countries continued to offer this color well after the NAS market stopped)

There is a little bondo on both front fenders to eliminate the rust and cracks that occured over the 40 year history. I did not want to replace them as trying to keep it as it came from the factory. This is the ONLY bondo on the truck.

- New OEM tail gate chains with SOR covers
- Still has Factory door weateher striiping and will need to be replaced
- New Crowel vent gasket
- New hood/window hooks
- New hood rest
- Have the Roof and cab weather stripping as well. Purchased both sets from City Racer but have not installed
- New oem tailgate latches
- Factory front seats with Factory rear backing
- Chassis in Great condition
- Used earlier side Toyota Land Cruiser emblems as I prefer those over the later model font

There is much more but this gives you and idea. There are very few HJ45 out there in this original condition untouched.

Feel free to ask any questions and more pictures can be seen at the following link pix.sfly.com/ifuc6Z76

Thanks

First picture is before installing the OME suspension/aisin locking hubs

bba69a88-9fdd-48aa-8611-5d495c61a147.jpg

624bd582-db72-43c3-8ee4-ca959dcf5cd6.jpg

4a871c2d-5d8a-48dd-975c-2088cfed3448.jpg

b4381161-0aed-4e11-a8a6-4da1611e632f.jpg

1fae437a-73d8-431d-bce8-71dd417d4bc0.jpg

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the H is a crossflow where the F’s are not. Never knew this until I saw your engine bay photos.

I have decided to reduce the price to $30,500 and include export cost from Costa Rica. Buyer will be responsible for ISF, Customs and Registration on the USA side. I plan on sending to Texas if there is no interest. Feel free to ask any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom