For Sale 1976 Toyota land cruiser $10,000, ME (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine, contact the seller

1976 FJ40 Landcruiser, very solid, been stored for years, excellent restore project, has all original parts. $10k trades considered
1976 Toyota land cruiser $10,000

312828778_5874182069292927_4238161093627545578_n.jpeg

312447544_5874183935959407_8037844804391172854_n.jpeg

Took a real hard look, it just has some odd vibes. For example the paint appears to be original, but then I can see green paint on the gasket that goes between the hardtop sides and the top edge of the rear tub. Also if you look inside the cowl vent, the dampener that moves up and down is painted green and I was under the impression it was supposed to be black from the factory. The frame is in remarkable condition for a Maine vehicle, but the body has significant rust. The areas near where the roll bar mounts under the jump seats is terrible, the rear sill might as well be gone. Some of the interior looks so new that it’s bizarre. The headliner for example looks brand new. The seats look almost new. But you can can see factory stickers and markings all over, stuff you rarely see. The real issue is the mice have had their way with it…there’s no telling how bad the damage could be. The thing that ultimately made me walk away: the engine. He had someone try and get it running, but he basically disassembled everything and just threw it in the rear. It’s difficult to tell why but my guess is they found bad news otherwise they would have it back together and running. I still stupidly want to buy it so I’m hoping that nobody bites and he calls me back at the end of the week. I own property about 15 miles away where I can store it for the winter.

Seller owns a Harley place and owned Reynolds Motorsports company.

He has to know how bad the engine is

21C3D824-E9F8-430F-A91D-0077E27B1931.jpeg

Took a real hard look, it just has some odd vibes. For example the paint appears to be original, but then I can see green paint on the gasket that goes between the hardtop sides and the top edge of the rear tub. Also if you look inside the cowl vent, the dampener that moves up and down is painted green and I was under the impression it was supposed to be black from the factory. The frame is in remarkable condition for a Maine vehicle, but the body has significant rust. The areas near where the roll bar mounts under the jump seats is terrible, the rear sill might as well be gone. Some of the interior looks so new that it’s bizarre. The headliner for example looks brand new. The seats look almost new. But you can can see factory stickers and markings all over, stuff you rarely see. The real issue is the mice have had their way with it…there’s no telling how bad the damage could be. The thing that ultimately made me walk away: the engine. He had someone try and get it running, but he basically disassembled everything and just threw it in the rear. It’s difficult to tell why but my guess is they found bad news otherwise they would have it back together and running. I still stupidly want to buy it so I’m hoping that nobody bites and he calls me back at the end of the week. I own property about 15 miles away where I can store it for the winter.
Thanks for the report back! I have a buddy 2.5 hours away that I pinged to see about taking a look but ultimately would've been too much investment to get it back down to SC. Too bad a few more pictures in the FS ad could've been thrown in.

Thanks for the report back! I have a buddy 2.5 hours away that I pinged to see about taking a look but ultimately would've been too much investment to get it back down to SC. Too bad a few more pictures in the FS ad could've been thrown in.
He will send you a bunch of pictures if you ask. He’s been pretty responsive to me.

As most of us know, it’s always worse in person…the photos don’t tell the whole story unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom