SOLD 1976 Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1976 FJ40 $16,500

San Diego, CA

1974 F motor put in by previous owners family (it was on a ranch in AZ for 30 years)
Mileage 29,500 actual miles unkown, but she runs like a top
No Smog Equipment on this vehicle.
Original Paint.....a little surface rust in some spots but zero cancer. Cargo area is scratched to red primer but no cancer.
New Alternator
New Starter
Newer Battery
New rear tail lenses
New rear bumpers
New belts
New Pinion Bearings and Seals
Has some vintage mods, sunroof, cb, altimeter, gun racks, warn winch, custom pin stripe design and tow hitch.

Seats need to be re done, I have a set of all steal wheels do throw in and we can negotiate a spare 2f motor. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer asap. I would consider partial trade for RV, Classic Car or motorcycle.

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful as is IMO. Shouldn’t last long.

I don't see any smog equipment.

Very difficult to get it registered through normal process, and expensive, in Kalif and other smog States.

Last edited:
I don't see any smog equipment.

Very difficult to get it registered through normal process, and expensive, in Kalif and other smog States.

this can be registered in Montana or South Dakota while residing in CA. Many classic cars and RVs are registered in these states. I have registered several classic cars with this process for less than $250.

Any undercarriage pics?

this can be registered in Montana or South Dakota while residing in CA. Many classic cars and RVs are registered in these states. I have registered several classic cars with this process for less than $250.

And it's a huge fine if your neighbors are a-holes and rat you out (Kalif also now pays a 'reward').

Just sayin' so peeps know what they're getting into....

Might be helpful if you posted a link to one of sites that can reg a vehicle in Montana or S. Dakota.

GLWS. Looks like a nice fairly original truck!

🤷‍♂️

And it's a huge fine if your neighbors are a-holes and rat you out (Kalif also now pays a 'reward').

Just sayin' so peeps know what they're getting into....

Might be helpful if you posted a link to one of sites that can reg a vehicle in Montana or S. Dakota.

GLWS. Looks like a nice fairly original truck!

🤷‍♂️

I hear this time and time again. Nobody can report you. Because you are NOT breaking the law. You have an address.....NOT A PO BOX....from another state. If you own two homes, each in a different state and have vehicles at both addresses, the state can NOT insist you register all your vehicles in that one state. Can not and will not happen. I have been pulled over for speeding on two occasions (not in an fj40) in a SD registered muscle car and the CA highway patrol could care less about where the car was registered. Asked for my license, registration and insurance.....that was it. They do not have the time nor care what state your vehicle is registered in as long as it is LEGAL. The next time you go to an car show (that may be awhile with whats going on) look at any 80s to current exotic car, you will be hard pressed to find any of them registered in California. The majority are registered to Montana under a corporation, this is what most of the diesels you see on here that are imported are registered. Dealers do it, car collectors do it, many car buffs do it.

One resource: Your Best Address - Vehicle Registration

South Dakota / Montana DMV, They will be happy to take your money because you are not on their roads. You can NOT obtain a license. You must submit Notarized documents (registration, insurance and proof of ID). This is not a over the phone setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom