For Sale 1975 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!

I have reluctantly decided to part with my 1975 FJ40 to help me with some bills and to finance the completion of my FJ55 build.

1975 FJ40 - my daily driver for the last year but I work from home so, I don't drive it in the snow and salt very much.

has pre-75 doors with vent windows
ambulance style rear doors
hardtop w'sunroof someone put in, does not leak
stock rollbar
inline 1F or 1.5F out of a 1970 or 1971 Toyota
pertronix ignition (replaces points in distributor) and flame thrower coil
reliable, runs good, would probably benefit from a carb rebuild
stock 4 speed trans and transfer case
new exhaust
4 wheel drum brakes, just replaced left front wheel cylinders and shoes. comes with shoes for rt front but they had a lot of life left. stops well with very little pedal travel before they bite. no longer pull. parking brake not working.
all lights, horn, gauges, etc work fine - lighter does not work
originally rustic green, now black primer.

Best part, the Quarters, rockers, aprons and fenders were all replaced within the last few years so, no rust there. All doors are solid.
front floor pans have had some amatuer rust repair
seats need recovered but are all there including the rear jump seats
has rear seat belts
rear cargo mat and front floor mats
roundeyes headlights
new rear bumperettes
new rear license plate bracket and lights
not sure what the wheels are but, I think they make the truck, Tires have plenty of life left.

I also have an extra set of early wing window hard doors that are very clean and rust free that I was going to cut into metal half doors for the summer. I also have a bestop bimini brand new that will be included. it has a cheap sony head unit sitting in the glovebox and 2 cheap 6x9's in wooden enclosures sitting behind the front seats that may not go with the truck, have not decided yet.

I want to move this fast. I have some local interest as well but, no one has shown me cash yet. I plan on listing it here for a couple days then if it does not sell, it goes on Ebay this weekend.

I've got well over $6,000 in it, mud price is $5500.00 OBO If it goes to Ebay, I will list for $6000 obo. Located in Parkville, Maryland.....just Northeast of Baltimore.

PM me with questions, offers, more pics, etc. If you need more pics, PM me with your e-mail address......limited to what I can upload here. Buyer must pay in full by March 5th. Truck can stay parked in my driveway for 2-3 weeks if necessary until pickup can be arranged. Thank you.

-Lee
DSC00914.JPG
DSC00897.JPG
DSC00893.JPG

Last edited:
Lee- say it ain't so! Well, at least you're keeping the piggie. Good luck with the sale. Post up pics of the 55 when you get a chance. Still haven't seen it yet.

Everyone else- I saw this truck in person and Lee is describing it accurately. Not perfect, but a great truck nonetheless. Hope it goes to a good home.

Thanks,
Nick

Hey Nick.....good to hear from you! Yeah, unfortunately having two old Toyotas just isn't realistic for me at the mnoment and the size of the 55 is what I really need right now. I will be starting a build thread soon for the 55 and will let you know when I post up some pics. We'll have to get together again some day sooner than later! Take care.

-Lee

Pre-bay bump

.....to answer a couple questions......tires are 31's. no frame rot or issues there. Yes, wipers work, front and rear heaters work. offers? other questions? pm me....thanks for looking. -Lee

bump

she's on ebay but I am willing to sell it outside of ebay to a mud member....she's all there and all Toyota! Help me finish my pig and buy my 40.

do you have any pictures of the interior? have you taken this on the highway at all? i'm looking for a 60 or a 40 but i need to be able to drive it on the highway to my lady friend for roughly 200 miles. preferably faster than 50 :hmm:

answers and final bump....

do you have any pictures of the interior? have you taken this on the highway at all? i'm looking for a 60 or a 40 but i need to be able to drive it on the highway to my lady friend for roughly 200 miles. preferably faster than 50 :hmm:

Yes, there are a few interior pics on the ebay listing. Interior is pretty much all stock. recovering the seats would make a huge difference. I can take pics of whatever you'd like and e-mail them to you. I updated the ebay auction with a few more pics and info last night, if you need any other pics or info, pm me with your e-mail address.
I drive it on the beltway around Baltimore all the time. It does not like to be driven much over 55-60 but it can handle it. I would not want to drive it on the highway 200 miles daily but, it can be done.
I've got someone coming to look at it Friday evening and is bringing cash so if he likes it, it could be sold Friday night and I will end the ebay auction early so mud members, you may want to jump on this soon. Thanks for checking it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom