For Sale 1975 FJ40 - Chevy 350 tbi, longfields, hydro assist, beadlocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Long time lurker finally selling my ride. I figured I should post here. I feel this is a low and very fair price for what's included.

I have my 1975 Toyota FJ40 for sale. It's CA smog exempt, lots of upgrades, and has been my faithful wheeler for years. I'm located in Anaheim, California.

REDUCED PRICE: Price drop to $10,000 obo. Willing to negotiate shipping.

Willing to ship within USA.

Specs:

Chevy 350 TBI - 4-bolt main w/ minor upgrades

TH350 transmission with Art Carr gated shifter

FJ40 3 speed transfer case w/ twin sticks and differential armor

FJ40 axles with Longfield birfields up front, chromoly rear, Warn manual hubs, and Detroit auto-lockers front and rear

Howe power steering box and reservoir

Hydraulic assist w/ high steer linkage

Disc brakes on all 4 corners w/ line-lock brake on rear

Slightly stretched wheelbase with Atlas springs and Bilstein 5125 shocks

OMF beadlock 17" wheels with 37" BFG Krawler tires w/ full size beadlock spare on swing-down carrier

Aluminum rear half

26 gallon aluminum fuel cell

Large aluminum radiator w/ electric and mechanical fan

Warn 9000i winch with synthetic line

Beard racing seats with 4 point harnesses

Full custom cage welded to frame

Bestop soft top

Hard doors with lock and key

Soft half doors (in storage, will have to find them)

Heater

Hella offroad lights

Aluminum dash with off-road racing gauges

Quick release steering wheel

K&N air filter

Full transmission flush, new pan and gasket, fuel filter, oil and filter done a few days ago

Probably more that I can't remember

The stuff that needs work:

Tires are old and one has plugs

Transfer case has a slow leak. Not sure if it's the seal or plug. Never bothered to fix, just topped off before wheeling trips during pre-run inspection.

No fuel gauge

Temp gauge is wonky and only shows occasionally. At low speed, I keep the electric fan on to supplement the mechanical fan and it's never got hot I was planning on adding a separate temperature gauge but never got around to it.

No windshield wipers

Minor surface rust

I have the title in-hand and most receipts for the work done. I'm pricing this to go quick, since I'll be moving soon and would prefer not to ship it with me. I have a new crawler that has A/C, is a lot quieter (good or bad, depending on who you ask) for me and the wife. Please email with any questions or a phone number to call/text with questions.

Here's a link for the full album with full quality photos: FJ40

Last edited:
Price updated: $13,500.

Updated info that was left from original post: Willing to ship anywhere in the USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom