Wanted 1974 FJ40 - Front Heater Pipes (W/O Rear Heater) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

231Designs

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi there - trying to find a set of front heater pipes for my 74 FJ40 - I have the original pipes that came with my rig but I am currently deleting the rear heater. Instead of capping the T's I'd love to find a set of heater pipes for just the front heater without the T's.

I've heard some horror stories of the caps blowing and the passenger getting scalded with coolant. Would prefer to not risk it - plus it would keep things more tidy as I work to put the rig back together.

I feel like i've seen a post or two about someone having a box of them lying around - but I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it.

Picture of what I have - for reference.

70733045426__8ABEBEC1-F08D-4420-B2B7-688A7663EB49.jpg

Had to climb the ladder to put Some other stuff away…
IMG_6759.jpeg

Mark - I left you a voicemail about these. Glad you tracked a couple down.

Give me a call when you’re doing counter work.

Thanks
Ryan
Voicemail returned.

if still interested i may have those two pipes? do you have the two with the T that you removed ? I may be interested in them .

if still interested i may have those two pipes? do you have the two with the T that you removed ? I may be interested in them .
Tom -

I’m definitely still interested. I’m getting closer to putting the dash back together and would love to be able to do the heater at the same time.

Unfortunately my old pipes with the rear heater split off went to a friend that was doing a rebuild with the rear heater since their originals had been buggered by a PO.

Ryan

i have the two pipes but the insulationis rather worn, I cannt seem to locate a replacemtn pipe insulation> any ideeas?

let me know if you want tje two pipes,

i have the two pipes but the insulationis rather worn, I cannt seem to locate a replacemtn pipe insulation> any ideeas?

I’d love the two pipes that you have without the T - and great timing since I’m just getting back into calendaring time to work on the 40.

For the insulation I haven’t come across anyone with an aftermarket option - the insulation on the ones I had taken out was in pretty decent shape - seemed like a rubber tube that the copper went through iirc. Perhaps taking it to an auto parts store and seeing if there is a vacuum hose or equivalent that has a similar ID to the original pipe OD and you can make a sleeve.

I can send you a shipping label - or if you want to let me know what you’d like for shipping to 94903 in CA I can PayPal you.

Thanks
Ryan

You can use the search function. "Heater pipe insulation " in the FJ40 tech section. McMaster Carr epdm 3/4 od 1/2 ID and baby powder.

20220424_171219.jpg

Last edited:
I’d love the two pipes that you have without the T - and great timing since I’m just getting back into calendaring time to work on the 40.

For the insulation I haven’t come across anyone with an aftermarket option - the insulation on the ones I had taken out was in pretty decent shape - seemed like a rubber tube that the copper went through iirc. Perhaps taking it to an auto parts store and seeing if there is a vacuum hose or equivalent that has a similar ID to the original pipe OD and you can make a sleeve.

I can send you a shipping label - or if you want to let me know what you’d like for shipping to 94903 in CA I can PayPal you.

Thanks
Ryan
ok Ryan, Ishould get you aphoto to make sure that you may still want it wo the insulation? send me a complete address. I dont actually know why I have these two pipes, because both the cruisers I have owned, had a rear heater? not sure why I ended up with these,.
I actuallly looking for two good ones that have a T. to accompodate the rear heater

here are the two, now, I am assuming that these are the correct ones, when I took a part my 78, I packaged these with the interior heater, As far as I can remember they did not leak, but one has kind of a ragged end. I just wish I could find the rear heater too. not sure where it is or what I did with it.
If you want them I'd like to get $30 for the pair, and then there is $20 shipping, unless you want to pick them up. of course if you have the two pipes with the T, I;ll trade you even for them in exchange.

these have been in a packing box for nearly 20 years.

tom,

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

Tom -

I’ll send you a PM.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom