1974 FJ40 F1.5 engine - oil pump output union thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I took apart the block and found that the union that the oil pump banjo pipe attaches to (block side) was messed up in the past and just left in there loose. The threads are galled, so I'm looking for one but does anybody know what pipe thread it is? Maybe I can order a tap/die from my local tool supply and fix it.

TIA

Is that 1/8 BSP?
I think the oil pressure switch is 1/8 BSPT, this is a bit bigger...maybe 1/4 BSPT?

I'll see about getting a tap to clean up the oil pressure switch threads as well. Not sure about BSPT, I think I was reading that the female threads are parallel/straight and the male threads are tapered? If any BSPT gurus could clarify, would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ah yes I think the BSPT male can use either the BSPT or BSP female.
Might be cheapest/ safest to find a brass BSPT coupling and check it fits first without damaging what is left of the thread?

OK, I measured the block and here's what I found (also checked out block drain hole):

0. The threaded holes for the oil pump union and block drain are tapered
1. Union is 1/4 BSPT
2. Block drain is 3/8 BSPT

...I ordered a tap and die for the union, and a tap for the block drain hole (since I have a new block drain). I don't expect it'll clean up the union much but let's see. Will report back, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom