Wanted 1974 fj40 F Motor crank, cam, connecting rods. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AKPoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Interested in a used crank, cam, good connecting rods for the F motor. I’m on the fence to rebuild, or buy a 2f? I’m in AK so need to be willing to ship.

Did you try reaching out to Mark in Wasilla? Cranks are super spendy to ship. I can get a set of rods into a flat rate box and shipped for $200.

Did you try reaching out to Mark in Wasilla? Cranks are super spendy to ship. I can get a set of rods into a flat rate box and shipped for $200.
Thanks for the reply, and currently pulling the motor in the two weeks. Once I know all the damage I’ll see what folks are willing help me with. I’m going to have a machine shop confirm specs too. Appreciate your willingness to ship the rods.

And who is Mark?

I had a couple crates full of rods. Not sure if I still do. Can check. You do not want a used cam except as a core for a regrind. I am sure I have a couple of those around. I *might* have an in the box NOS unit here still. Have to check. Don't have any F cranks out of blocks except a couple sitting in a parts rig which are rusty and I have to assume beyond anything that can be addressed by turning down. Come spring, when I pull some rigs out of the yard, I will have access to some complete F engines (long blocks and more, but not 100% with carbs and such) that are good only as cores. But none can be reached right now. Currently have one 2F that would be worth messing with. 1985 vintage. Partially stripped of accessories, in a parts rig still. Needs valve job. Would be a while before the hulk could be brought inside to pull the engine.

Don't know of anyone in the local scene with just a crank for an F sitting around. Don't really know of anyone up here besides myself with any amount of Land Cruiser Junkyard fodder" any more either. Although... You might want to reach out to Wild Bill if you are in Fairbanks. He should have his finger on the pulse of what can and can't be found up there.

Mark...

I had a couple crates full of rods. Not sure if I still do. Can check. You do not want a used cam except as a core for a regrind. I am sure I have a couple of those around. I *might* have an in the box NOS unit here still. Have to check. Don't have any F cranks out of blocks except a couple sitting in a parts rig which are rusty and I have to assume beyond anything that can be addressed by turning down. Come spring, when I pull some rigs out of the yard, I will have access to some complete F engines (long blocks and more, but not 100% with carbs and such) that are good only as cores. But none can be reached right now. Currently have one 2F that would be worth messing with. 1985 vintage. Partially stripped of accessories, in a parts rig still. Needs valve job. Would be a while before the hulk could be brought inside to pull the engine.

Don't know of anyone in the local scene with just a crank for an F sitting around. Don't really know of anyone up here besides myself with any amount of Land Cruiser Junkyard fodder" any more either. Although... You might want to reach out to Wild Bill if you are in Fairbanks. He should have his finger on the pulse of what can and can't be found up there.

Mark...
Mark, thanks for the at length reply and sorry for the delay getting back to you.
I’m now looking for a 2F. Is yours still available and how much? Who is Wild Bill in the Interior?
Thanks

Interested in a used crank, cam, good connecting rods for the F motor. I’m on the fence to rebuild, or buy a 2f? I’m in AK so need to be willing to ship.
I got 5 good standard pistons and 6 good rods and a standard crankshaft that has lots of surface rust but would definitely clean up

Have 6 good rods 5 good std pistons for f motor also for 2 f
I have 6 rod and pistons still in motor. Have good cam for 2 f

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom