1972 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck on the rear brakes. Most of the M/C units are super finicky running all 4 wheels. If this set up works, would be curious what M/C you upgraded too.
Nice rig!!

Hoping you guys can help me out here, the pig is finally home from the shop with all the bodywork fixed, rebuilt carb, new wires, plugs and alternator, she is running like a champ attached some updated pics

I am now trying to get all the windows and door locks working

I noticed that that the nipple on a few of the regulators is all stripped out, does anyone have a solution for this?

View attachment 1249697

View attachment 1249698

View attachment 1249400

View attachment 1249402

View attachment 1249405

I am trying to remove the window crank. How did you get it off?

Nookkidzz,

Between the door card and the crank there is a C clip of sorts that needs to be pulled/pushed out of slots on the crank. I use a piece of flat steel, sometimes a hooked pick works. Good luck with them.

SDK-357550-S_ml.jpg

Clip looks like this. As @scrapdaddy stated, you can push on the open ends with a flat piece of steel, or try to hook the closed end with some sort of pick and pull it. Patience...because you can quickly destroy the door card.

A rag works quite well. Push the door card in and slip it between the handle and sort of saw with it.
Pay attention to the direction of the tangs on the end of the clip itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom