1972 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replace or rebuild the current carb
Replace distributor with a D.U.I 80820RD
Replace wires with D.U.I C9079RD LiveWires
Check fuel pump and replace if necessary
Body work and paint touch up to the damaged drivers side rear quarter panel

Rear glass is missing, whether it works or not is unknown
Window cranks are missing (anybody have some or know where I can find them?)
Proper seat belts (shoulder seat belts, has anybody done these before?)
Dome light is missing cover and bulb (unknown if it works)
Driver side door doesn't work from the inside
Heating (and hopefully cooling) system
Install new stereo and speakers
Replace damaged rear bumper
Tune up: oil change, timing adjustment, new plugs and wires, new distributor cap and points (unless I can buy the DUI one first)
New Alternator

IMG_5533.jpg
IMG_5547.jpg
IMG_5536.jpg
IMG_5537.jpg
IMG_5539.jpg

Last edited:
do you guys have any suggestions as to what type of carb you would put on this?

Last edited:
Congrats! It looks like a good starting point for you to save another pig from the grave. When you have those :bang: moments, just know that's part of the "fun" of working on these classics!

As for the carb, doesn't hurt to try a rebuild first. Go on Marks off-road and read his FAQ section. He gives some honest advice about all aspects of the old cruisers.

Glad you got it home. Do you know what color green it is, will need that info. Sure looks like mine. Wiper arms will be needed. After market seat belts are available, do some searching on the forum, some good discussions on them. Keep an eye open on guys parting out 55s, you can pick up what you need.

Right now its running a Weber 32/36 carb on it. It is backfiring big time, I think my neighbors thought there was gunshots going off last night, it is backfiring in both the carb and the exhaust, the exhaust sounding like gun shots, my neighbors really love me now

I noticed it has a very slow drip of fuel also coming from the carb so no matter what I need to rebuild it and stop that leak

Troll hole or factory. It is a build because it's yours (congrats). Name is something you need to do it's yours. Backfiring is awesome. Especially if it's delayed and in a convenience store parking lot:moon: :moon::flipoff2:. You will have all the guidance you need Grasshopper.:poof:

I think the 32/36 is a little small for a FJ55 engine, they work great on 22R's though!

@socaloffroad I have a rear tailgate window if you want...I could figure a way to pack it probably.

Can you guys point me to specific carbs, models, links to where I can get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom