1967 M416 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just doing this a couple days ago. Thankfully I found this thread on steel soldiers where he basically summarized all his findings rolled up on the first post. I definitely would have been in the same boat.

Finally got the rest of my suspension hardware and finished off that project without any extra drama.
Parts came from Omix-Ada via Summit Racing.
M416_Fygar (195).JPG
M416_Fygar (196).JPG
M416_Fygar (197).JPG

Can you tell any real difference between the 8 leaf springs and the original 10 leaf? How hard was it to get the bushing in the pivot end of the spring?
My M416’s original springs are in rough shape so thinking about replacing them with those 8 leaf springs and using the standard C shackles.

Can you tell any real difference between the 8 leaf springs and the original 10 leaf? How hard was it to get the bushing in the pivot end of the spring?
My M416’s original springs are in rough shape so thinking about replacing them with those 8 leaf springs and using the standard C shackles.
I really can't tell a difference. The original 10 leaf pack was made of thinner leaves, so overall thickness is roughly the same. I used a c-clamp style bushing replacement tool with my impact gun to drive the new pivot bushings in. Easy-peasy.

Amazon product ASIN B01N7CO50E

The 10-leaf springs are available, and only $25 more (now).

1646935862262.png

Last edited:
Made some modifications that will get my awning up higher and away from the RTT. The height of the awning when mounted directly to my telescoping frame was not ideal for standing under, and even less ideal when the annex was attached. So, I made some brackets & removeable arms that raised it up and away from the rack. Now I can move the awning back and forth from the truck to the trailer as needed.

M416_Fygar (199).JPG

M416_Fygar (200).JPG

M416_Fygar (202).JPG

M416_Fygar (204).JPG

M416_Fygar (205).JPG

My stablizer legs will also serve well at securing the floor loops at the two corners closest to the trailer.

How have the GY Workhorse HT tires held up over the years? Did you keep your military tire as your spare or replace it as well?

How have the GY Workhorse HT tires held up over the years? Did you keep your military tire as your spare or replace it as well?
Pretty great - no issues and they have seen some trail time too. I ditched the NDTs as they were not holding up. I picked up another HT though slightly different tread pattern for a spare.
2021-09_Cove (29).JPG
M416_Fygar (206).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom