eBay 1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - White No HT, pretty original good price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine but love it

“1966 FJ40. Factory Soft top with very minimal rust and very straight as you can see in the pictures. An amazing foundation to start a high end restoration. I’m not sure I have ever seen one this clean. CA/NV desert it’s whole life. Clean NV title in my name. I believe the drivetrain is original (1F, 3 on the tree, PTO) but have not verified numbers on motor, etc. It does not run but motor turns freely. Appears to have had one paint over original freeborn red and carriage, axles, etc. are very clean. It has sat for years. Some hard to find parts such as the original full tailgate with hardware. Skip the hundreds of hours and thousands in rust repair and start with something clean.”

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Here she comes! On her way to meet her big fat sister.

I just wanted to say that I effing love this community and thanks to the fellas that have been super helpful and generous.

IMG_20210123_180130.jpg

PXL_20210110_194348978.jpg

Here she comes! On her way to meet her big fat sister.

I just wanted to say that I effing love this community and thanks to the fellas that have been super helpful and generous.
NICE! I love to see these rigs go to good homes, and I know the buyers on this forum give them the best.

Need a build thread! It would be great to follow this restoration.

Anyone know when an FST has hard door hinges? Could it mean an OEM conversion package? This certainly has the windshield part, the eyebolt holes, and the tailgate.

Last edited:
I've been debating starting a build thread. It would be my first rodeo and extremely slow going. Wife put me on a cruiser budget freeze after this purchase. 😬 #worthit

Fortunately there's plenty to do without spending money. Mostly just jacking around with everything, seeing what's there and what's missing. Only real progress so far is making sure the motor turns over and seeing where electricity still works. Got both headlights, one bib light, both gauge lights and the starter right off the bat. Pay no attention to the crow bar...

PXL_20210203_021148279.jpg

PXL_20210203_021134110.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom