SOLD 1965 FJ45 on EBay , looking for help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been entertaining the idea of buying this FJ45 and was wondering if anyone on here knew some history behind it. I'm not a purist so I really like the ls1 in there. Any info is greatly appreciated.

That is out of my league but that doesn't make it a wrong move for you. I would say for that kind of money it needs to be almost ICON perfect or close. An inspection would possibly save you a lot of grief later. Basically prove it is all it is said to be. No underside pictures is bothersome. With that price point you can have most any cruiser you want. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply dogfish I got undercarriage pics and it's pretty damn clean.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I bought that truck back in 95!! It was all original and very solid no rust! Sold it in 98 to the guy who retromodded it. He finished it around 2010? It was a high dollar build and has changed hands a few times in the last few years. No changes have been made since. I still think it’s more of a 50k truck. It has been trading hands in that range as far as I know.

I bought that truck back in 95!! It was all original and very solid no rust! Sold it in 98 to the guy who retromodded it. He finished it around 2010? It was a high dollar build and has changed hands a few times in the last few years. No changes have been made since. I still think it’s more of a 50k truck. It has been trading hands in that range as far as I know.

Thanks so much whitey45, very helpful.

Sounds like the place that has it for sale did a new wiring harness install and a few other items, nothing major. Not sure if they did the spring over axle conversion or not. Really good to know it started out as a solid rust free foundation. Any major items I should focus on common with these trucks during a PPI?

This truck has not changed since being built by the guy who bought it from me. I have followed it for 20 years! If you have the money to buy it, find a reputable cruiser shop, and pay $200 to have it inspected. At that price there shouldn’t be any issues, I mean NONE!

^^word

Seems odd that they would put an intake from a 5.3 truck on an 5.7 LS1. Usually the opposite happens. Or is it a 5.3. I would ask for verification. The front accessories match LS1 configuration though.

These pics look like they are from the last time it sold, anyone recognize these pics from the last sale?

I've been entertaining the idea of buying this FJ45 and was wondering if anyone on here knew some history behind it. I'm not a purist so I really like the ls1 in there. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Well if you buy the FJ45 you might want to get the official t-shirt to go with it. Or just get the t-shirt.

Amazon product ASIN B07RRN2K1Q
Note: I have no affiliation to this t-shirt on Amazon.

Well if you buy the FJ45 you might want to get the official t-shirt to go with it. Or just get the t-shirt.

Amazon product ASIN B07RRN2K1Q
Note: I have no affiliation to this t-shirt on Amazon.
Whoa...that's the exact same truck! T shirt would for sure be cheaper...but not as much fun I bet.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped out. I was able to get all the info I needed....the FJ45 should be in CA in a few weeks!!!! So stoked!!!!

Nice. Hope to see you on the road sometime soon, that truck will be hard to miss. Did you order the personalized shirt as well? :)

Nice. Hope to see you on the road sometime soon, that truck will be hard to miss. Did you order the personalized shirt as well? :)

Had to after seeing it...to hard to pass up.

This truck was always a california truck! Glad it’s coming back! It was originally on a mine in Sacramento back in the day.

It'll be in the Santa Barbara area from now on and driven regularly. I talked to Chris who you sold it to and did all the work...can't wait to drive it. Thanks again for your help.

Well she got delivered late last night and I am STOKED!!! Such a rad truck! My plans are to paint the roof, headlight bezel and tailgate letters white. Also gonna swap out the 17in wheels for stock/widened 16x8's with OG hubcaps. Gonna be a fun truck!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Congrats! That’s an awesome truck. Enjoy in good health.

Are you in Carp? My buddy, who knows I love cruisers, sent me a picture of it parked on foothill a couple days ago. Congrats...nice truck, hopefully I’ll see it around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom