1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1964 FJ40 $3000 Durham, NC

Discussion in 'FJ40 | BJ40' started by ncduckman, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ncduckman

ncduckman

1964 FJ40 with PTO Winch $2500 Durham, NC

It comes with great sadness, but reality has set in. I have decided to sell my 1964 FJ40, Virginia. With the recent addition to the family and the accompanying lack of time and funds, she has to go.

I bought this Cruiser in the Spring of 2003 from a gentleman in West Virginia. The body is extremely solid with only a little rust through in the rear corners. The rain gutters on the top are pretty shot as well.

The Cruiser has a 1973 or so F engine with a 4 speed tranny. I am unsure about which transfer case it has. The motor runs fine and compression tested at 160 PSI across all cylinders. I rebuilt the carb and installed a Pertronix ignition system and coil.

When I purchased her, she came with an extra front and rear end from a 1978 model. So it is currently sitting on a disc brake front. The knuckles were rebuilt, seals replaced, etc. They were wire brushed and painted. It has 4.11 gearing. The seals in the rear axle were replaced as well.

The front calipers were replaced with Raybestos loaded calipers. The rear brake cylinders were replaced with new. The shoes are new. The rotors and drums have been turned. I have a new rebuilt disk brake master cylinder from NAPA.

All of the steering linkage is new from Toyota. All of the tie rod ends have been replaced. The center arm has been rebuilt with the CCOT kit. Everything has been wire brushed and painted.

The spring packs are a mismatched set of 2.5" lift springs. The have been dissassembled, wire brushed, painted, and had the plastic slinky strips added.

The wheels are disc brake wheels that were blasted and repainted. There are 5 wheels, only four have been blasted and painted. There are five new Toyota hubcaps. The tires are BFG 33x9.50x15 MTs. There are only four tires.

The Cruiser comes with a complete PTO winch setup. The transfer case does not have the PTO gear, however.

The Cruiser does have the correct early style windshield frame (no glass) in addition to the later style frame that is currently installed.

I have the correct Toyota front turn signals and tail lights. These are new and still in the Toyota packaging. There is a new Toyota fuse block and distribution blocks as well.

I have the factory Toyota chassis and F engine manuals. These are from the mid 60s and are in excellent condition. I also have the generic Haynes manual as well.

Now on to the bad. I have removed all of the wiring in the truck. It was a real mess. So as it sits, it does not run.

All of the brake lines have been removed as well as all of the fuel lines. I have new soft lines from NAPA and had strarted to make new hard lines too.

The gas tank is out and was to be boiled. The seats are out as well. Everything is there though. The truck did not come with jump seats.

It really kills me to have to sell her. I will probably never find another that is so straight and complete again. But I have not touched her this year and it is a shame just to let her sit.

The truck is located in Durham, NC. You can PM me or email me directly at rlangager AT nc DOT rr DOT com. I can take pictures of whatever you need to see.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Cruiser 005.jpg Cruiser 004.jpg Cruiser 008.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  2. ncduckman

ncduckman

3. ncduckman

ncduckman

Price Drop $2500 OBO

It need to go. $2500 OBO

4. Wayneraintree

Wayneraintree

that is a beautiful rig man, hope to see it find a good home (wish it was mine!!)... bump : )

5. fj40forlife

fj40forlife

goood luck if only you where closer

6. ncduckman

ncduckman

Still available.

This is an excellent candidate for a restoration. Everything is there and the truck is very solid. The PTO setup is major cool points. Let's give her a new home.

Robert

7. Big Bore Lover

Big Bore Lover

8. Trouper

Trouper

OMG These are so rare, it's a classic!

9. Big Bore Lover

Big Bore Lover

It sure is and thats why I am buyin it.................... Provided Robert lets me

10. 89s rule

89s rule

Great Mudder here. I bought my fj62 from him about 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did!! he treated mine like it was his baby and hated to see it go too!

Man.. I wish I didnt already have another project. Looks like someone will get a great cruiser! Robert, keep me posted on how you and the fam are doing!

11. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    wow if i had that cash i would be all over it:frown:

12. CF1128

CF1128

Robert,
    Still have Virginia?

13. cruiser88

cruiser88

Media:
    Albums:
    im hoping and praying its still for sale in 2 months.:frown: nail biting:D

14. Big Bore Lover

Big Bore Lover

See ya on Saturday duckman. Trailer's ready and we will be seein ya soon.:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

15. my64fj40

my64fj40

Why do 64s look so cool :D

Sounds like it found a home. Welcome to the sacred 64 Club:cheers:

16. Big Bore Lover

Big Bore Lover

Thanks my64fj40. Yep it found a home even though its down in flatsandland for now. Hopefully it will be back up in da mountains or at least the hills if things work out right. Either way, there is a nice clean place in the garage just waiting on it to move in for a while. Its got all kinds of nice little goodies to be added on so it can have some major fun on da trails and in da MUD
    This is gr8, I just realized my first 40 was a '74 and my second is a 64. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm did they make a '54? :cool:

17. Big Bore Lover

Big Bore Lover

Well Virginia is safely at her new (hopefully temporary) home down here in flatsandland. Thanks again Robert. I will keep you posted on her build progress.
    I guess its time to start a thread....................

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">