1956 VW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaDon

I am here
Threads
Website
good-times.webshots.com
It's a dune buggy I got along with $700 for my '57 Chevy.

Very basic.

I wish I had a camper to bring. Right now I'm debating whether to try to get this thing street legal or not. DMV is saying since it's not in their system, it would have to look like a '56 VW to get a regular title, otherwise it would be a 2013 SPCN. The other option is just to get a green sticker and have to trailer it everywhere.

Donal that's kinda crazy I'll ask my dad about the DMV thing.... He's got a Myers Manx, sitting on '57 pan, been in the family since the late 60' s I think..., is yours aluminum body... Never seen that before

Cool the samba is like vw mud board I used it when I had one of my 9 bugs or buses!!!
And if you like vintage vws go to the solving meet( it's every other year )

I'm sure I'll be hitting up CB at some point. I already browsed their website and found a few things I "need".

I had to insert a 'new' pan under my DB to get it street legal. Coincidentally I converted to IRS at the same time (kept the Link Pin front) and gave it a flat 10 ga. floor.
Upper Doran Cyn, Calico Mtns:
i-XhF8B8X.jpg

I'm wanting to get this back on the road, but good ol dad won't order the carb rebuild kit. It has a leaky throttle shaft, so a rebuild and new bushings are in the future. First we have to finish This. After that comes the bug. I will probably end up updating both this thread and the 82 build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom