17x8.5 +0 offset - stock suspension + 33s. Will it work easily? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I've done my fair share of searching and also posted in the Sticky'd wheel tire database, but there was no definite answer already listed.

I'm looking at changing up the wheel/tire combo on my stock 2013 LX. I do not plan on lifting anything in the near future and would like to keep the full functionality of AHC (Hi, Lo, Egress).

After doing my research, I've seen that 17x8.5 +25 (specifically Icon Vector 5) fit very easily with 285/70/17 AT tires. There is very minimal rubbing which is solved via a heat gun. However, I've come across some other wheels (Method MR305 NV) which are 17x8.5 +0. I will be running the same size tires.

With the decrease in offset, about 1inch of poke out, is there anything to worry about with this utilizing the same tire size (32.7")?

Mine is about 1” taller than stock and zero issues with that exact setup. Wheeling or not.

17x8.5 0 offset 280/70/17

E7D4F2AF-78AF-4E68-B450-D28CB470B3C0.jpeg

6893A9DC-3DE4-4195-A1D3-DFEA26138534.jpeg

I've been searching even more and think that I have found my answer. I will summarize here to help any others/save some time. Personally, I think I will go with the 17x8.5 +25 as I don't feel the need to do any cutting if I can avoid. After further inspection, the +0 wheels I was looking at can be ordered as +25. While I (guiltily) do enjoy the "brodozer" poke, I do not want to sacrifice usability. From the thread here. I'm also quoting their pics below.

Note this will fit without any mods (on an LC200, not an LX) without much modification besides plastic relocation/manipulation for normal driving. It looks like there might still be some rub during off road conditions.

"To increase the amount of clearance I have around the 33's on 0 offset, I went and did the 4Runner fender liner mod and basically redrilled the liner about 1.5" forward and trimmed away the excess. I wonder if the increased tension on the new mounting location might come loose and snap back, wondering if anyone (like @alta who did the same on his 200 to run 305/65R18) has any pointers to really secure the front fender liner or further increase clearance. I had also hit the liner with a heatgun and rolled it flatter and further forward earlier.
I also went and dremeled all the "excess" off the front mud flaps and left the "functional" part to help block water and rock spray around the sides of the truck. Made a big difference in how much dirt got on the sides. You can also see where I trimmed the inside corner of that rocker panel at an angle (keeping the tab hole for the mud flap). Right behind that was a little welded bracket extending off the frame that the middle of the mudflap used to screw on to, which I also sawed off.
Hopefully this is helpful for anyone looking to run larger tires or lower offsets on a 200."

Pics of the +0 setup from the thread for reference:

123.jpeg

1234.jpeg

From my reading, the main concern w 0 offset is should you drop down from a ledge or “double stuff” the wheels for some reason, the tires aren’t going to tuck into the fenders…they’re going to hit the fender well lips and crunch the body panels.

I think with 285 75 r17 and 25 offset they’ll double stuff (I think).
I think with full 12.50” tires it’ll stuff with 35 offset if you roll the fender lips.
I would expect with 275’s you could potentially get away with 15 offset and still double stuff the tires. Don’t know for sure though on any of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom