17 GX460 rear door quarter glass removal and installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here. Just picked up a 17 GX as a new daily. I started hearing some wind noise and found a tear in the gasket around the pass side rear door quarter glass. I found the replacement gasket online but does anyone have any info or instructions on removal and reinstallation? I’d always prefer to do it myself if possible before I bring it somewhere.

Congrats on your new ride!! :cheers:
Go to this thread: GX 460 Manuals
This will have manuals for just about everything. Post #2 will be the FSM (Factory Service Manual) which is probably what you'll be looking in.
There are a lot of guys in Texas on this forum.
Also, post a photo of your new rig!

Congrats on your new ride!! :cheers:
Go to this thread: GX 460 Manuals
This will have manuals for just about everything. Post #2 will be the FSM (Factory Service Manual) which is probably what you'll be looking in.
There are a lot of guys in Texas on this forum.
Also, post a photo of your new rig!

Thanks I'm loving it so far. I'll get some pics posted soon, I just got some Terra Grapplers installed and getting ready to get her cleaned up and ceramic coated.

Thanks for the nudge on that link. I had looked through it last night and couldn't find anything but checking today with a fresh set of eyes i found what i need. Looks like half the door needs to come apart, but that shouldn't be the end of the world. I'll probably try and knock this out while i wait for my crawl control and MTS to come in.

Reactions: r2m
Sounds like you're on to a good start!
Do you know what kind of build you're going after?

Sounds like you're on to a good start!
Do you know what kind of build you're going after?

Nothing too crazy, the GTR soaks up most of my money lol.

I'm considering a small lift, rims and tires at some point. I love the TE37 and might end up with them on both of my cars soon. Other than that just some basic off-road functionality. Might do bumpers, especially if i hit these on something and need to replace. It'll mostly get used at a ranch out in west Texas. No need for camping or overnighting but just need something that can get around the property and get me back home and to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom