12HT slight oil overfill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FRQ

Threads
Just posted this in the 60 section, but this is probably the more appropriate forum section:

Did an oil change and overfilled the F mark by about 4mm, oil level comes up to the start of the F. Haven't run the engine yet and poured some oil in the filter before installing.

Overly cautious, probably unnecessary question: should I bother draining some oil or just run as is? No idea how finicky the 12HT is about this kind of thing.

YKj3Bri.jpg

Last edited:
It will just be happy to have oil. No big deal.

No problem.

Cool. One less thing to deal with. Not worried about engine health btw, but rather stuff like continuous burning oil smell or smoke. I already have to deal with dirty looks from newfangled kale smoothie drinking hippies zipping about on electrically assisted bicycles. :D

The 12HT's visible pollution has always been a bit scary. You can only check/replace the filters, get the injectors checked/rebuilt. For cold starts make sure the glow screen is working.
A wrecker who use to import these into Australia from Japan told me the best thing you can do with them is give them a couple of oil changes in quick succession and do some long highway miles. This can clean up the oil burn.

Mine gives off a puff of blue smoke on startup and a little under hard acceleration, nothing drastic. When I bought it, it made lots of black sooty smoke under very hard acceleration, but that quickly went away. It had sat a few years and was never driven hard. A couple of good pulls blew the majority of soot right out of the exhaust. Was quite the sight to behold, I made sure to do it on a deserted stretch of road. :cautious:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom