For Sale 12.000€ euros - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX (1 Viewer)

Now Live on Bring a Trailer Auctions

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX

•Left Hand Drive
•Factory Brown/Beige Metallic Paint
•Factory Brown Cloth Interior
•194k kms Documented

•2LT 2.4L 4cyl Turbo Diesel Motor
•R150 5 Speed Manual Transmission
•2 Speed Transfer Case
•Electronically Activated Hub Lock and 4WD
•Limited Slip Differential in Rear

•Seating for 8 Passengers
•Power Door Locks and Windows
•Factory Tinted Rear Windows
•Original Tool Set

•Complete Service History from Toyota from New
•Always Garaged Indoors
•One Family Owned

Auction Ends December 26, 2019
Auction Link - 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX

Visit www.canaryislandrover.com Today

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Exterior Pic-9.jpg

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Exterior Pic-8.jpg

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Interior Pic-1.jpg

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Interior Pic-30.jpg

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77 LX - Engine Pic-3.jpg

CIR

Final weekend of the live auction.

Buy from the source.

Logistics services included in winning bid. Buyer pays market rate for importation and freight forwarding.

CIR

Auction ends today in a few hours.

Buy direct from the source and work with the best.

LHD 5 speed Turbo Diesel 70 Series with lifetime maintenance at Toyota with records.

This one checks all the boxes.

Did it sell?

From the comments the reserve wasn't met but seller was going to email top bidder. Nothing of substance after that.

Kinda surprised BAT allows the system to function like that. Seems like a prime way to just set a very high reserve and contact high bidders after it doesn't get reached. Shrug, maybe they have safeguards for that, never actually used it.

joekatana

GOLD Star
From the comments the reserve wasn't met but seller was going to email top bidder. Nothing of substance after that.

Kinda surprised BAT allows the system to function like that. Seems like a prime way to just set a very high reserve and contact high bidders after it doesn't get reached. Shrug, maybe they have safeguards for that, never actually used it.

The people at BAT have no clue what the values are of the 70 series cruisers , if you provide enough pictures and a good story for a rhd LJ71 they will set the reserve higher on it then on a clean lhd pink unicorn HZJ73 with ac where the seller just states the facts and have a few pics listed.

I contacted them once for my personal lhd HZJ73 and they wanted me to list it with a 15k reserve , I kindly declined and listed it on Ebay where it sold within a few days for more then double that.

There is not enough information out there for them to research actual values and sales prices for different 7x models in the US , add the fact that now people are start listing them from anywhere in the world so the buyer has to do the importation and shipping process with the added costs so they are clueless of where to put there minimum reserve.

Ah, didn't realize that BAT were the ones to actually set the reserve.

Interesting info, thanks!

CIR

Still for sale.

What Joe is saying is partly right but very USA centric in his views. I deal with people all over the world kind of like the internet. Taxes and transport is different for every instances whether a car is sold in Spain or USA or Germany.

It should be known that it costs about the same to ship a car from Tenerife to Baltimore ($2,000 USD) via RoRo as it does to send a car from Seattle to Miami via car hauler. Import tax on SUV is 2.5%, and I have a network of professionals for every step of the process.

The thing is I am not a reseller or flipper but align local sellers with foreign buyers for direct sales. Both parties have equal weight in my operation and everything is transparent and explicitly communicated. I am not a car dealer but a logistics agent and car consultant. My clients have the option to have their purchased cars serviced at Toyota with Toyota parts prior to shipment. Ask my MUD clients and they will tell you there is no better way to buy a foreign market Cruiser, and they may also tell you they have bought the nicest example of their rig in the States at the best price. Also, I see all the TLC available here because I live here at the European source for classic 4x4s (Canary Islands) and I am not a passerby that has to buy what is available the moment I visit like some of the flippers that scoop up the left overs and hustle them onto unsuspecting US buyers.

Joe, you can be an ally if you prefer but it seems you are more concerned with people buying directly from the source and not through you. I am here to talk this out if you want or you can continue to step on my posts.

Saludos,
Adam

www.canaryislandrover.com

I may be missing some history but for whatever it's worth, Adam, I didn't think Joe's post at all was an enemy/ally sort of thing.

Thanks for the insight and good luck with business!

joekatana

GOLD Star
Still for sale.

What Joe is saying is partly right but very USA centric in his views. I deal with people all over the world kind of like the internet. Taxes and transport is different for every instances whether a car is sold in Spain or USA or Germany.

It should be known that it costs about the same to ship a car from Tenerife to Baltimore ($2,000 USD) via RoRo as it does to send a car from Seattle to Miami via car hauler. Import tax on SUV is 2.5%, and I have a network of professionals for every step of the process.

The thing is I am not a reseller or flipper but align local sellers with foreign buyers for direct sales. Both parties have equal weight in my operation and everything is transparent and explicitly communicated. I am not a car dealer but a logistics agent and car consultant. My clients have the option to have their purchased cars serviced at Toyota with Toyota parts prior to shipment. Ask my MUD clients and they will tell you there is no better way to buy a foreign market Cruiser, and they may also tell you they have bought the nicest example of their rig in the States at the best price. Also, I see all the TLC available here because I live here at the European source for classic 4x4s (Canary Islands) and I am not a passerby that has to buy what is available the moment I visit like some of the flippers that scoop up the left overs and hustle them onto unsuspecting US buyers.

Joe, you can be an ally if you prefer but it seems you are more concerned with people buying directly from the source and not through you. I am here to talk this out if you want or you can continue to step on my posts.

Saludos,
Adam

www.canaryislandrover.com
My comment about people listing cars from overseas in the US was not targeted at you personally but a general remark . I grew up overseas and have plenty of connections , one of them is right now in the canary islands so luckily I don’t have to buy the left overs that are available at a certain moment 😉

After dealing in Cruisers and Patrols for over 20 years I learned a thing or two , growing up in Europe , living a few years in Central America before I moved to the US has also learned me that people have very different views and expectations about certain aspects of a car that are very specific of where they live and grew up.

Good luck with your sales there are plenty of land cruisers available worldwide and plenty of potential buyers for all of us .

joe

CIR

I guess that is the difference between Canary Island Rover and Joekatana. I see and drive every car personally and have further testing done at Toyota prior to my clients purchasing them. My clients know exactly what they are getting and even know what it will cost to have the vehicle set right. Beyond that, each Land Cruiser can be serviced at Toyota prior to shipment using Toyota parts.

On another note, BaT does not suck and tends to focus on quality (vehicles and sellers). It is a great way to offer unique cars to a global audience. That is why they have become the leading online car auction, and the old guard is taking note.

I don't sell s*** and my clients appreciate it.

joekatana

GOLD Star
I guess that is the difference between Canary Island Rover and Joekatana. I see and drive every car personally and have further testing done at Toyota prior to my clients purchasing them. My clients know exactly what they are getting and even know what it will cost to have the vehicle set right. Beyond that, each Land Cruiser can be serviced at Toyota prior to shipment using Toyota parts.

You are right , I sometimes buy cars overseas that I have not driven at that point in time , being in the Cruiser community in Europe since 1990 has brought me a few lifelong trusted contacts so I get a pretty good feeling about what I am getting, and yes I don't send them to the Toyota dealer there neither as I have a fully equipped workshop here in Texas with 99% of all 7x parts available on my shelves so yes there are differences between us. Not a single car get sold here before I have driven it and had it on the lift and had passed trough every inspection and import process , another difference between us again. Plus if I don't like the cruiser after it gets here I might decide that it serves better as a parts donor for future cruisers , or a rock crawler build or whatever I feel I want to do with it

On another note, BaT does not suck and tends to focus on quality (vehicles and sellers). It is a great way to offer unique cars to a global audience. That is why they have become the leading online car auction, and the old guard is taking note.

BAT might work for cars that are well documented and they can google a quick price range , they still don't know s*** about all the different 7x configurations and the associated value.

I don't sell s*** and my clients appreciate it.

Who sells s*** ?

Why being so aggressive and defensive man , I did not mention you or your company personally in the previous post , I was just stating a fact. You can hardly deny that for a buyer being able to go take a look at a car that has already been trough the import process and he can jump in and take a test drive is a way better option then sending his money abroad and then have to wait till after the fact if A he likes it , B it runs and drive as expected , C no complications like custom holds , extra exams, error in paperwork etc delays everything and adds a substantial amount to the final bill that the buyer probably has to pay for.

Again this is not personal just stating some facts

Are there any newer Examples of land cruiser 76 series in the Canary Islands? Looking for a 2004 xzj76 . Located in Victoria bc Canada. Thanks.

CIR

Are there any newer Examples of land cruiser 76 series in the Canary Islands? Looking for a 2004 xzj76 . Located in Victoria bc Canada. Thanks.
Yes, there are Land Cruiser that are currently sold new here on the islands, as well as, 15 year old HZJ76 models in pickups and five door SUVs. We can chat privately on this forum or you can email me via my website www.canaryislandrover.com

CIR

Who sells s*** ?

Why being so aggressive and defensive man , I did not mention you or your company personally in the previous post , I was just stating a fact. You can hardly deny that for a buyer being able to go take a look at a car that has already been trough the import process and he can jump in and take a test drive is a way better option then sending his money abroad and then have to wait till after the fact if A he likes it , B it runs and drive as expected , C no complications like custom holds , extra exams, error in paperwork etc delays everything and adds a substantial amount to the final bill that the buyer probably has to pay for.

Again this is not personal just stating some facts

@joekatana, who is being so aggressive and defensive? The one who responds immediately claiming to state "facts" by spreading misinformation like you have been doing by talking as if you have had numerous problems and issues importing vehicles, therefore, that will be the case for my clients. Why would anyone buy a vehicle with questionable paperwork, especially for export? CIR avoids those vehicles and sellers who are less than honest in their presentation and business relations BECAUSE everything will pass through various customs agencies along the way and may lead to costly problems. That is very easy to avoid when I see EVERY Toyota of interest on all seven of these islands, which happen to have more Cruisers than any market in Europe.

Perhaps, you are purchasing less than desirable vehicles and encountering costly errors along the way. Certainly your clientele does not pay for those mistakes, right? And, all of your clients see your offerings in person and drive them prior to purchase, correct?

Why would anyone buy anything without seeing it in person in this global and modern economy? Amazon and others prove that convenience and cost dictate the market. Canary Island Rover works in a similar sense that provides options to clients to save money and select from many vehicles prior to purchase to find the right one for their needs.

Again, CIR, is not a used car dealer. It is a consulting business that provides information for informed purchases. It deals in logistics, which is the heart of import and export. Finally, it works with media to connect a world of buyers and sellers, in turn creating a new economy that many people enjoy and use both locally and abroad. The middle-man car-flipper is a thing of the past when information can enable direct import/export from the source. Your approach is far different than the modern way Canary Island Rover has been transacting successfully for the last five years.

I too have been working with vehicles for 20 years and lived several years in Central America. We have that in common, maybe we have more but how we approach global trade is far different. Good luck in your pursuits and respect my listings by not misleading people with your "facts." Talking poorly of BringaTrailer.com on this post is misguided, they are a world leader in what they do and have changed how people buy and sell cars around the world for the better. Quality, transparency, and integrity is how Canary Island Rover operates and why we align with BaT in successful sales, as well as, offering our services for hire for private consultations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom