11 Sequoia platinum suspension + issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good early morning friends, I'm still green as green can be in this forum. I did read quite a few entries of suspension items but I definitely need my hand held.

I currently have an '11 Sequoia Platinum with the whole electronic suspension. Currently pushing 176,xxx miles. I want to change the suspension to B6's as I have them in a other vehicle and like how they handle. I understand there is a electronic connector to these stock ones. Is it possible to switch them to suspension for a Tundra? What all else is needed?

On another note, not related, I was driving on the highway the other day and I lost throttle to the vehicle completely. I was driving for about 45min highway speeds and was going 70mph at the time. No warning. I coasted over to the shoulder, rpms hovered just below 1k, idled rough and stalled. No signs of overheating. Gave it a few and tried again with the same result. Hours later vehicle starts right up, no issue as if nothing happened. All service up to date minus my oil change that is about 500mi past due. A decent mechanic checked it out and found no codes and cannot duplicate. I am now unsure how to proceed as I drive frequently 6+ hours for work calls and want to have continued faith in my Sequoia which I absolutely adore. Any info would help.

Thank yall in advance.

You probably need a new mechanic. You need to find a Toyota specialty shop. They are out there, you gotta look.

Most mechanics/techs are so used to working on garbage (GM, Ford, Chrys, Nissan, Etc.), they are a little hamstrung at finding tough to diagnose problems on Toyotas because they really don't see a lot of them.

As far as the strut replacement, again, find a good Toyota-based shop and talk it over with them. If they instill confidence in you with being able to delete/remove the electronic stuff regarding the struts, go for it. Otherwise, you're going to get some janky crap and there's gonna be lights on the dash.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom